Supermatic Drive

Been studying the system as best I can.  I see a pair of large solenoids on either side of the trans and a series of linkages to the throttle, but nothing to actuate the clutch.  What was the mechanism for clutch actuation? I'd imagine it to be a vacuum booster.  Am I missing something? 

Comments

• Thanks, Ken!  This explains why the engine does not have an oil filter as well.  
  • If it would help I've got a nice Hudson Drive Master Service Information booklet reprinted by Clifford Research in 1967.

Would like to trade for a nice pair of outboard rear bumper guards for a 51 Commodore, or make offer, or whatever.  I don't ever want to need it. 

My father's, first Hudson was a 50 Commodore 8 with Super-Matic drive.   I don't think he liked it very much.  The rule was DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE SUPER-MATIC BUTTONS!
  • Ken U-Tx said:
    Thanks, Ken!  This explains why the engine does not have an oil filter as well.  
    No, the by-pass filters were an optional accessory. I have seen Drive Master and Supermatic equipped cars with the optional by-pass oil filters fitted.
    Well - this has to have an oil filter.  I'll add that to the list of things I need.  

• Fred Id be interested in that Drive Master Service book as I’m wanting to keep and make my Super Matic Drive work on my 16k mile 50 Super 6, lemme know please
  • cheyenne  I sent you a PM.
  • Hey Fred, I responded with a price, let me know if that was a good offer. You can call or text 806 sevenate2 258five