Loss of long-time member in West Virginia

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited October 2019 in HUDSON
Paul O'Malley, a long-time member of the H-E-T Club who resided in Capon Bridge, West Virginia, died unexpectedly on October 5, 2019.

A member of the Chesapeake Bay and Tri-State Mountain Roads Chapters for many years, Paul organized and coordinated a number of Hudson events for these groups, including this year's "Doc's Meet" held in Winchester, Virginia.

A 'gearhead' since high school days in his native Washington, D.C., Paul owned many cars over the years: antiques, hot rods, classic cars and sprint race cars, which he raced.  He was getting his 1936 Cord sedan road-ready when he died.

Paul was also a collector of model trains and antiques of many sorts, and he had even set up a complete blacksmith shop in one of his outbuildings.

It is for Hudsons, however, that Paul will be best remembered; he owned many of them over the years.  And his vast mechanical expertise with Hudsons was highly valued by the many Mid-Atlantic Hudson owners who used his services over the years.

Paul will be sorely missed as an individual, a fellow Hudson collector, and a gifted mechanic.

A Celebration of Life for Paul will be from 1-4 PM  EDT Sunday, October 13, 2019 at the O'Malley home, 25 Hudson Lane, Capon Bridge, West Virginia 26711.  Grave site interment will be held on the property at 2 PM  with a funeral lunch following.   All Hudson Club members are invited to attend, including the Mountain Roads Chapter and Chesapeake Bay Chapter. Cards and Condolences may be sent to Mary O'Malley, PO Box 181, Capon Bridge, West Virginia 26711.  Flowers may be sent to Mary O'Malley, 25 Hudson Lane, West Virginia 26711.  Questions call Larry Kennedy 317-908-6401.  Memorial Contributions may be sent to the Hudson Historical Society, c/o Cheri Holz, 13270 Mckanna Road, Minooka, Illinois 60447.

Comments

• !!!Tall Paul!!, He lived a block from my uncle in DC and used to talk about trying to buy my Terr. 8 coupe from my uncle when he was a kid and was surprised that my uncle sold it to me. Gonna miss him.