For Sale 1954 Hudson Super Wasp Hollywood

Glowplug
Glowplug Expert Adviser
edited October 2014 in Vehicles

1954 Hudson Super Wasp Hollywood Hardtop

262 Engine and Borg Warner Automatic, (engine runs and transmission shifts).  This vehicle has factory power steering and power brakes.  Engine is equipped with a 2 BBL carburetor.  All glass in this automobile is good.   Car has a decent factory interior (green) and the original headliners in intact.   The car is complete, but has significant frame and body rust all of which is repairable. Included with the car are the following OEM Hudson parts for use in the completion of rust repairs.

• Right and Left rust free front fenders
  • Left and right quarter panels with outer frame rails attached
  • Left and right inner frame rails
  • rear outer frame
  • A complete 1954 Super Wasp 4 door sedan with good rust free quarters and unit body elements needed to complete rust repairs.

New Replacement items

•  Front floor pans with toe board kick up (Spelic)
  • Rear floor pans
  • Left and right rocker panels

I bought the Hollywood with all the good intentions of restoration.  But, availability of  time and money will prevent me from completing that goal. The price for the car, parts car and repair items is $4000.  They are located in Waco, Texas and are for sale as is where is with no warranty expressed of implied for $4000 or closest offer.

Call owner:  Two Five Four 744 Zero Nine Eight Five  or email through this forum

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Sorry to see that, Oldfarmer.  I'm sure she will find a good home.  I have forwarded this post to a possible prospect.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Thanks Russell
  • Out of curiosity, what are the differences between a Wasp & Super Wasp?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Ratwasp

For 1954 Hudson had the following designations for Stepdowns
    Hornet, Hornet Special, Super Wasp and Wasp

The Hornet was top of the line and came equipped with 308 engine and premium interior appointments
    The Hornet special was a step down with less trim and cheaper interior appointments
    Super Wasp was the next model with lots of trim ... similar to the Hornet Special and interior options that mimicked the Hornet Special.  Engine was 262 CU in standard
    Wasp ... lowest priced and equipped model... cheapest interior appointments minimal trim and came with a 232 engine... 

Quick and dirty differences

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    .....and the Wasp/Super Wasp is a shorter wheelbase than the Hornet and  Hornet special.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Back to the Top...
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited August 2019
    Sold, Back on the road after buyers extensive restoration of this car.

• There's a nice-looking '54.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's good to hear and see.  She's looking great!
This discussion has been closed.