54 Hollywood i just picked up

I just picked up this poor 54 hollywood that was flipped onto its roof. I'm up to 3 hudson's now

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just a flesh wound.  I've seen much worse.

Whereabouts do you live?  Possibly one of our forum members who lives nearby has been through a roof graft, and could stop by and give you some pointers!
  • I’m in Washington state. I can do the work, I’m looking for a good 54 windshield frame tho to help
  • You mean the steel frame or the stainless trim or botth?
  • I’ll bet you could use a Porta Power and straighten it up. Looks something fell on it rather than a roll over. 
  • Lance said:
    You mean the steel frame or the stainless trim or botth?
    mainly the steel frame to start with, the trim pieces i could worry about later.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Pistonfarmer; the windshield frame is spot welded to the cowl.  The roof is welded to it.  Years ago I had a crash part windshield frame that came with a convertible I purchased. I no longer have that part but it clearly identified to me that you should be able to remove a header from a sedan and it work on your car.
  • Glowplug said:
    Pistonfarmer; the windshield frame is spot welded to the cowl.  The roof is welded to it.  Years ago I had a crash part windshield frame that came with a convertible I purchased. I no longer have that part but it clearly identified to me that you should be able to remove a header from a sedan and it work on your car.
    That’s what I want to hear! I’ve sent out a couple messages for one. We will see
  • So what’s with the doubled up leaf sprigs in the rear ? 
  • So what’s with the doubled up leaf sprigs in the rear ? 
    they are EXTRA HEAVY DUTY helper springs, i havent seen a setup like these on another hudson or nash.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    pretty cool that it has the leather seats.
  • I’ve seen those extra leaf springs before. They are installed to help cushion the car from heavy objects that fall onto it from above. Looks like they sorta worked as the damage could’a been worse. So it was worth installing them.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i sold my parts car it went to kentucky
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    supersix said:
    I’ve seen those extra leaf springs before. They are installed to help cushion the car from heavy objects that fall onto it from above. Looks like they sorta worked as the damage could’a been worse. So it was worth installing them.
    Now thats funny right there!
    Jeff
  • Well if anyone has a lead on a 54 windshield frame from a parts car let me know please !
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

BROWNE & SONS AUTO & TRUCK SALVAGE

1033 Spur 511
    Sunset, TX 76270-7239
    940-393-2469

They have several 1954 Hudson Hornet sedans and will remove and ship parts
  • made some progress pushing the roof out...

• Don't stop now... You're going good.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Progress made, move ahead with it and you will have a nice car before you know it