1946/47 hood trim installation

I need to put the trim back on the side of the hood on my 47. There is square holes in the hood with square clips. Do I put the clips on the hood and try to sample the trim over. Or put the clips on the trim and try to install? What's the trick. It's new paint!!!!

Comments

• Go to a body shop supply with one of your moldings and match up the clips. They have small universal clips with nuts on the back that fit. You slide the clips into the back of the moldings and put them on the hood and install the nuts from the back. Small flat washers may be needed.
  • Lklemm1 said:
    I need to put the trim back on the side of the hood on my 47. There is square holes in the hood with square clips. Do I put the clips on the hood and try to sample the trim over. Or put the clips on the trim and try to install? What's the trick. It's new paint!!!!
    How's the installation? Sounds like a nice new paint.
  • The trim went on easy. I went to NAPA store I found trim clips that slide in the trim tight. They had a stud on them that went right through the holes on the hood. I used the original clips that bolted on the trim in the front and rear. Bolts on tight no worries of it coming loose.
  • Lklemm1 said:
    The trim went on easy. I went to NAPA store I found trim clips that slide in the trim tight. They had a stud on them that went right through the holes on the hood. I used the original clips that bolted on the trim in the front and rear. Bolts on tight no worries of it coming loose.
    Good to hear you figured it out. Good tip on finding that clip.
  • allan
    allan Member
    does that clip have a part number you can share with the group?
  • Napa number 665-3132
  • allan
    allan Member
    BKP 6653132 universal 3/4 whiskered trim clip