hello

slmlrd
slmlrd Member
edited July 2019 in HUDSON
hi everyone! Im new to the group with a 47 Hudson commodore 8.. Beautiful complete car, needs a motor. Looking to learn a few things about these hudsons

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited July 2019
    You've come to the right place!  Ask away!

You might want to mention which part of the country (or world) you're in because maybe someone with a similar Hudson lives near you and could offer help.

Also, if you're not yet a member you may want to consider joining the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club https://www.hetclub.org/ .
  • Val
    Val Member
    Welcome, as Jon said where you are would be a big help. Many local chapters and folks willing to help in your endeavor. how about posting a pic of your car?
  • KustomKreeps
    KustomKreeps Member
    edited July 2019
    ^.^ drop a caddy donk in there should nessle up nice in that big ol engine bay.
    Maybe fix the roof line with a 7inch chop.

Biggest lesson to learn if you are new to old cars. buy turn key and save your self some wedge along with a few mental issues.

u welcome.

Alex

ps: dont mind me. i just lurk about keeping the restoration guys ticking. enjoy the ride and throw a few pics up bro.

EDIT-
    was serious about the minor chop and engine swap. 
  • slmlrd
    slmlrd Member
    Jon B said:
    You've come to the right place!  Ask away!

You might want to mention which part of the country (or world) you're in because maybe someone with a similar Hudson lives near you and could offer help.

Also, if you're not yet a member you may want to consider joining the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club https://www.hetclub.org/ .
    haha, sorry. Im in San Diego
  • slmlrd
    slmlrd Member
    ^.^ drop a caddy donk in there should nessle up nice in that big ol engine bay.
    Maybe fix the roof line with a 7inch chop.

Biggest lesson to learn if you are new to old cars. buy turn key and save your self some wedge along with a few mental issues.

u welcome.

Alex

ps: dont mind me. i just lurk about keeping the restoration guys ticking. enjoy the ride and throw a few pics up bro.

EDIT-
    was serious about the minor chop and engine swap. 
    Im not new to building cars, but I am new to the Hudson crowd. I cut up everything, but with this cars local history, I have to put it back together.  Car was owned by "Pete" Laughon and I happened to pick it up, minus the engine a couple weeks ago. Beautiful car in 100% complete condition
  • slmlrd
    slmlrd Member
    edited July 2019
    Heres a couple of pics of what Im working on
    0.jpg 51.1K
    0-1.jpg 56.6K
    zz.jpg 81.4K
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Nice car!
  • AND THE '40 FORD COUPE IS CHOPPED HOW MUCH ?????