dale cooper

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
i needed a water pump for my 1951 convertible.i called Dales number on friday june 28th it went to voice mail which was full. i have seen guys complaining on the forum and facebook they can not get a hold of Dale. i then emailed him that i needed a part. i thought well maybe it is hard to get a hold of him. i sent a email to a good friend in the club to see if he had a extra for sale. before my friend got back with me within 5 hours Dale emailed me and said he had the pump and would send it out the next morning. sat. morning Dale emailed and said part was on its way and i would have on monday. i received the promised part monday morning packaged very well with a bill inside. Dale said he gets a lot of robo calls thats why his voice mail is always full so email him is much better. how many business owners in todays world send you a invoice trusting you will pay them? thanks for the great part and more importantly the great service!

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Robo calls have become a major pain in my ass.
    I seldom pick up the phone anymore when it rings.
  • Thanks for that info, I have been trying to call because he sent me a fuel pump the same way and I got held up getting the old one off to send the core back with payment and didn't want him wondering where his check was, so I just emailed him and here is another thank you for Dale.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I had similar great service from Dale, sent me a complete overhaul set for Hudson  8 engine, to New Zealand, with an invoice enclosed.   
  • Val
    Val Member
    Yes Dale is a great guy and asset to the Hudson community 
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Dale always sends me parts timely and sometimes not with an Invoice so Ive had to contact him a couple of times......
  • 5433HET
    5433HET Expert Adviser
    I'm still trying to get the correct valve cover gaskets for my '32 Terraplane. He keeps sending gaskets for a '32 Essex....
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Just get some cork sheet and cut some.
  • 5433HET
    5433HET Expert Adviser
    Geoff, what type of gaskets were used on the 4 retainer bolts?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Not sure, I have never seen a '32 Terraplane.  Later Terraplanes had only two retainer bolts, through the breather fittings.   If the holes are the same size as the bolts, then a fibre washer is okay.