Part number needed

LHudson
LHudson Expert Adviser
In need of a part number (napa, etc. ) for a starter solenoid for a 49 Super Six. It must be 6 volt. Would prefer one that has the button on it.  Thanks  LHud

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Larry, Button starters are no longer available but buttonless 6 volt solenoids are.   I am not speaking of button solenoids found on ebay from old inventory but of new manufacture    Use  Cole Hersee   24039. If you want to buy a button type that are decent used, call me.
  • The NAPA number is ST 63. That is an old number, but they should be able to cross it over if it is obsolete. Good luck.
  • LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Thanks. I have done tried the 63 number. It is not the correct one for the 49. The base mount is not the correct one. I have a new 12v but the 6v will not fully engage it. I am using the button on the solenoid to crank the car.  There is one out there somewhere. Thanks again.  LHud
  • LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Follow up on solenoid. Napa ST 63 is the correct one for the 49. It is 6volt and is starter mounted solenoid. It does not have the start button.  My Napa guy came through for me.   Thanks eveyone.  LHud
  • I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for updating us that the number is still good.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    54coupe said:
    I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for updating us that the number is still good.
    It sounds as though the number is NOT good . . .
  • 54coupe said:
    I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for updating us that the number is still good.
    It sounds as though the number is NOT good . . .
    Read all the posts... He says it is the correct one in his last post. I got the number directly from an old Napa catalog when I gave it to him.
  • LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    The issue is sort of confusing. When we looked up a st 63 on the napa computer and bring up a pic. the pic shows one that is fenderwell mounted. This kept us confused. When Lance gave me the other part number, we crossed it over and it also came out to a st 63. We ordered it and it was the correct one. The pic on the napa computer is not the correct pic. of the product.  Thanks everyone.  LHud