Photos of 1954 Hudson coupes

I am new to the club - I don't own a Hudson yet but want to buy one. I have it narrowed down to the 1954 model year and I want a 2 door. There were several variations, can someone tell me where I can see photos of these variations so when I see an ad I know what the vehicle looks like (I.e. roofline,trim,etc.). Thanks

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

Mine... neither is for sale
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

Here's one..gone to Hudson Heaven.  Steering box gone to Sweden, Still have the doors.

• Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks for sending these - what I would like to do is know the difference between a Wasp, a Superwasp, Hornet, Hollywood, etc. All I can tell from these photos is they are 2 door Hudson's. Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated.
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Vic's Z. '54 Club Coupe
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Don Butlers book The History of Hudson is a good photographic record of vthe various models. Also has specs!!

• Ricko
    Ricko Member
    I will check that out - Thanks!

• Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks Vic - great looking car!

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2019

And here is the Hollywood.  "Hollywood" is the name Hudson gave to all 2-door [pillarless]  hardtop coupes.   It was available over several years in different models (Commodore, Hornet, Wasp, etc.).  

So, to sum up: there were three (non-convertible) 2-door body styles: the coupe, the brougham (or 2-door sedan, the blue one in the first photo above) and the Hollywood.  In those three body styles you could choose the model (Wasp, Hornet, etc.)  The differences between the models depended upon the engine used, the particular trim level, and the wheelbase.  Wasp, for example, was a lower-priced Hudson with short wheelbase, while Hornet had more trim, longer wheelbase, and more powerful engine.
  • Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks Jon B - that is what I needed!
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Lipstick and Cream Hollywood Hornet 
  • Here is my 54 Hornet Hollywood that could be for sale. It has a 308 2bbl, Hydramatic transmission and also Treadle-Vac power brake option.  Im located in west Texas.
  • Ricko
    Ricko Member
    Thanks for sending Cheyenne, I have made up my mind that I would like a Club Coupe.

• hosea13
    hosea13 Member
    looking for hollywood .Is red/cream 54 available? Is green 54 available? jerome lewis 205-310-3830 hosea132004@yahoo.com
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    there is a  real nice 54 red/creme hollywood at the r&m auction in auburn in on june 1 st .go to there website for pics. nice car .
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    You are doing good with the 1954, so here is mine:  1954 Hudson Hornet Special Club Coupe.  It is lipstick red, Red vinal with headliner to match and a beyond-7X engine.

• 54wasp
    54wasp Member
    there is a  real nice 54 red/creme hollywood at the r&m auction in auburn in on june 1 st .go to there website for pics. nice car .
    I 2nd that. If we had room for another, We'd def be on the Beauty coming up (Tomorrow I believe!) My buddy and I got to see the one thatll be at Auburn,
    (Whom Ive almost got talked into Converting over from C#evy to a Hudson, Or ANY Orphan I told him, ANYTHING but a C#evy)
  • Val
    Val Member
    A BEAUTIFUL Roman Bronze 54 Hornet Club Coupe A member of my local chapter owns her. She is NOT for sale
  • Man!  That IS a beautiful '54!

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I have a set of these wire caps. The person that sold them to me said they were beautiful. He shipped them to me by UPS. Well when I unpacked them 2 of the center caps were crushed in. Is there anybody that can help me repair them. Ray from Canada
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    I thought you had gotten those caps fixed, Ray?  Remember you mentioning it before and thought you were able to tap (or pop) them back out?
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Try Press Kale in California, he does excellent hubcap restorations
  • duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    I tried but some of the damage was on the edge. Thanks for the help. I don,t know what kind of tool to use. Ray