1932 essex terraplane

need front outside door handles 1932 Essex terraplane and information on rubber around front window frame where to find 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    This is a closed car, like a 2- or 4-door sedan?
  • I think Wildricks has the windshield frame rubber. Is that what you are looking for? Does this car have the fold out windshield?
  • yes the fold out windshield

• 2dr 1932 terraplane
  • planterra, is yours a coupe or coach?  The '32 windshield frame is different than the '33 ET frame. The only weatherstrip I've found that fits is the one from Steele rubber products. www.steelerubber.com  Order 6' of # 40-0033-99
  • don't know ,I guess it is coach 1932 Essex terraplane ,Anyone know what they used for door stops two on each side thank you
  • 33ET8conv
    33ET8conv Member
    edited April 2019
    www.wrphet.com part # 538
  • thank you 33ET8 
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    When I did Ivan's 1933 I made some rubber parts that I couldn't find.  I don't think Wildrick has these.  Check with him first.  The first picture is the door catch rubber that the dove tail goes into.  The second picture is to go into the corners of the windshield frame work.  If you open your windshield and look at the A-pillar inside where the windshield would close against.  In the bottom corners there is a vertical slot about 3/16" wide and 3/4" tall.  Those slots would accept that L shaped rubber.  Keeping the windshield centered and from rattling against paint when closed.  I am guessing that '32 and '33 are the same.  Maybe someone can confirm that?
  • Yes bent metal. '32 and '33 are the same. For some reason the parts book says the closed cars (like my '32 coupe) take 2 rubber windshield bumpers, while the open cars take 3. Do you have these extra rubber reproductions for sale?
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    I can't imagine where the third would go?  Must be right in the center?   I made the rubber parts I couldn't find.  These were for a 1933 Terraplane Eight Convertible.  I did end up with some extra pieces that I would sell.  Call me at my shop and I'll see what I have left.
  • need 2 front outside door handles  1932 Essex terraplane need not be original or something that fits 1and 5/8 center to center . also stand that holds back light to fender and rubber stops for front window any help is appericated thanks
  • what do the guys use for rubber under and around grille also putting in front  side windows what do you use for rubber inside channel of window and out side of door frame thanks in advance planeterra