Carpet Advice Wanted

I was wondering if anyone has used Newark Auto advertising on Ebay for carpets, I know we can trust Wildrick for being correct but nothing in blue. If no one used them I'm going for grey from Wildrick. 

Comments

• duncan
    duncan Expert Adviser
    SMS auto fabric Portland Org.
  • Just spoke with Bob from Bob's Auto Top and Glass, Summit NJ, as soon as I mentioned '53 Hornet he said "Finally an easy one, got that pattern no problem, lots of colors, extra for foot rest and sides. Very nice guy, talked cars for half hour. $408 with pad. I think Newark is somewhere in India.
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    Thanks for posting this Dan.  I also have a question about carpeting for Super Wasps.  Does the hornet carpet fit in the short wheel base cars with the shortened forewall?  I see lots of options for the full size cars, but not the juniors.
  • That I can't answer but Bob probably can, 908-273-2370 or Doug with SMS Auto Fabrics whom I just talked with, can do the carpet set also.
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor

Ratlee2, yes the carpet and interior dimensions are the same. The difference in length between the two cars is all within the front end (firewall forward).

I'd also second Bob's Auto Top for Hudson carpet. I replaced my '49 carpet last winter and was really impressed by the quality of the carpet, as well as the Hudson knowledge of Bob Rosol.

• Thanks hudsonguy, you just made up my mind on carpet, any advice on trunk mat? SMS has material but nothing cut to fit. 
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    Thanks Hudsonguy.
  • 53hud54
    53hud54 Member
    edited April 2019
    Unfortunately neither cover '53, next question is are they floor pans the same in '51 as '53 other than the spare tire hole?  
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor

21st Century says you must state year, so it does sound like they have the later one, but only show a picture of the early model. I believe the only difference is the cut-out (square for bracket vs. oval for spare tire) in the middle. Outer dimensions should be the same.