33 parts are like hens teeth

33kc1989
33kc1989 Senior Contributor
I'm totally convinced the there is no available aftermarket or used parts out there for 33s  Either that or there are hoarders for this year.  Thats why guys either get frustrated and never finish or turn them into hot rods.   I feel better

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Yes, 1933 was, I believe, the absolute lowest-production year for the Hudson company.

If you're having trouble finding 1933 Terraplane parts, just consider the plight of 1933 Hudson owners.  Only about 20 of these cars remain.

And every time one gets street rodded, it makes the remaining "stock" 1933's all the rarer, rewarding those who didn't get frustrated, and persevered to either find the parts, or actually fabricate them.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Quote "I'm totally convinced the there is no available aftermarket or used parts out there for 33s"

Not too many surprises there.
  • Try looking for parts for a 1933 Graham. By comparison Hudsons are plentiful. 1933 was likely the lowest production year for any US make.
  • 33kc1989
    I still believe there are some parts out there that some guys have and won't let go.  I'll have to agree with Jon B to a point but some parts are impossible to fab.  The street rod side turns my stomach but a traditional hot rod gets my blood going.   Here's my other 33. image
  • dholck
    dholck Expert Adviser
    As somebody recommended to me here previously; don't forget to look at the hot rod forums and to talk to the hot rod guys - they are likely to be your best source for parts.  Using 33kc1989's hot rod photo as an example - if that were the finished form of some guy's 33 Terraplane hot rod, that guy might be a source for fenders, hood, running boards etc., especially if the he was not a HET enthusiast.

Parts for the more plentiful 34s are not easy to find either.  Even something as nonspecific as the 16" wheels (optional for 34 Terraplane K to use the 16/6 tires) ...could only come up with a source for 2. 
    It seems like 30 or 40 years ago every WTN article about a local meet had a 34 coupe pictured - don't see them anymore.
    I recently got a couple 34/35 engine blocks by going the hot-rodder route.
  • Cindy
    Cindy Member
    just found a Essex terraplane 8 metal emblem.  Looks like it was part of the hood ornament.
  • Hans
    Hans Senior Contributor
    Picture of Hot Rod is with a 1932 grill, no crank hole, so no cover fits. Shell looks like '32 too.
  • 33kc1989
    Your right Hans it is a 32 grill.  Shell is a 33. 
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    I have made some '33 parts.  What are you looking for?  33kc1989 where are you located?
  • 33kc1989
    I’m in the market for lower portion of door, lower part of cowl. In other words lower portion of body even though it’s not totally gone.  Just easier to replace.  
  • Hi I found a  32 great 8 2dr coach in Manitoba  CA.  Its coming to  Ontario  soon.   Excellent  parts car for my 33 terraplane  2 dr coach.   I have lots of 33 4dr window  regulators.  Soon I  can tell u if there's a difference.  I have 1 solid  33 terraplane
  • 4 dr cowl and body.  Fenders r shot   i have a drivers side half cowl 33 solid  with top of cowl. Right side is gone the way it laid in a field. 2 dr hudson doors r the same and repairable  door bottoms  i will keep them and  sell some 32 stuff
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i have a 40 overdrive driveshaft for sale