51 Hudson direction signal wiring diagram

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
I have not been able to find a good readable wiring diagram of the turn signals for 51 Hudson. I looked at the online library and the only one I could find prints very light. Too light to read. 
Anyone have a good source for that particular diagram?

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Are you using the original turn signal switch, or an aftermarket?

Is it the 3-wire, or the 6-wire switch?  The 3-wire is for cars with a separate bulb in the taillight for the turn signals (I believe this would have been used in the Commodores and Hornets, with the large taillights).  The 3-wire system would have been used in Hudsons with smaller lights (and thus only one bulb, which shared the function of taillight, brake light, and turn signal) -- such as the Wasps, Pacemakers and Super Sixes.
  • Kdancy
    edited April 2019
    A 3 wire switch. I tried to upload pictures but keep getting (filed failed to upload)
    I tried downloading directly off the camera card and also off the computer. I was able to go to the club forum and post with no problems. 

Its a 51 Pacemaker with two bulb tail lights. One single filament and one dual filament. 
    On this car, it had a harness that went over the passenger side under the headliner, the two wires that went to the single filament bulbs on both lights. (bottom bulbs)
     On the drivers side, the harness goes over the drivers/roof under the headliner, and go to the two dual filament bulbs (top bulbs in housing)  and the tag light runs off it. 

I can not find any info showing the two roof harnesses, only one. Looks like they changed to the door step runs for the 52 + . Still only one harness. ??
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Well, I guess that shoots my theory (that the Pacemakers, Wasps and Super Sixes had but one bulb per taillight).  Anyway, I have a very simple wiring diagrams (both 3-wire and 6-wire) from an article in our local newsletter from many years ago, done by one of our members.  I'm doubtful it would help, but would be happy to pass along a PDF of the article if you'll send me your e-mail address.  Mine is xxxdetailed@verizon.net (remove the xxx before sending).
  • Kdancy
    sent!
  • Kdancy
    Thanks to both Joh B and Ken Cates, I have good readable diagrams now!