1932 Hudson Headlights and Cowl lights Parts wanted (Looks like an old Horse Collar)

1932Hudson
1932Hudson Member
edited April 2019 in Parts & Pieces
I need any parts you have to complete a pair of lights. I need one (1) headlight shell and any glass lenses for cowl lights.

I have a few headlight lenses remaining. Contact Mark Belec 612 599 6512 or mark.belec@gmail.com

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I hope you're checking Ebay.  I see them there from time to time.

Also, have you tried Donald Axlerod in Massachusetts?  As you probably know, he buys and sells headlights for all makes of pre-1940 cars.
  • Do you happen to have the rings for a 36 Terraplane?
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    rowdydog if you are talking about the stainless steel ring that is on a 36 Terraplane or 36 Hudson they are part of the headlight bucket and you can not remove them also you will find if you try to repair the cracks in them you will soon find out that you will start breaking the headlight lenses it took me years to find a set of 36 buckets that have no cracks in them I hope you find what you need.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Rowdydog, I have carefully removed the 36 rings in the past. I like to completely strip the bucket as they are water traps. Rust holes can be welded up. I try to throw nothing away. You can spend time looking for good ones, or spend time repairing and get the sat is faction.  Contact the 1936 technical adviser.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited July 2022

--
    I still have the requested item(s) stated in your advert. Get back to me with a phone number if you are still in the market and a list of what you are looking to purchase. It's best to reach me on e-mail rfernadez152201@gmail.com

Roberto Fernandez
    A simple google search of the email address indicates that this is a SCAMMER:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=rfernadez152201@gmail.com&newwindow=1&ei=36viYofsD8qnptQP2cOo0As&ved=0ahUKEwjH173Y85v5AhXKk4kEHdkhCroQ4dUDCA4&oq=rfernadez152201@gmail.com&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAxKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQAFgAYIcLaABwAHgAgAFbiAFbkgEBMZgBAKABAqABAcABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz
    Addendum: The scammer's account has been removed/deleted, along with any/all comments & posts they made.  Email and IP Addresses have also been blocked.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    For those that haven't figured it out, one of the clues you are reading a scammer's email is when it doesn't mention the 'item(s)' by name.
    ie its a copy and paste, one size fits all, quick and easy response to a wanted ad.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    It's really depressing to think that scammers are abusing this excellent website and all the good people who post on it.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited July 2022
    It's really depressing to think that scammers are abusing this excellent website and all the good people who post on it.
    You'd be a bit surprised if you knew how many have been caught & blocked over the years.  It's a 'team' effort, with everyone - including members, keeping their eyes open. 
    And, please don't ask how many have been banned/blocked - I don't keep track.

The real 'watchword' is to be safe, and complete all due diligence necessary, before any type of transaction(s). If there is ANY doubt - walk away, and don't keep it to yourself (i.e., let others know).
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    I was caught by someone who bought a carb from me using PayPal and then withdrew the payment. It was only by shaming him on the website (without naming him) that he reinstated payment.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    I need any parts you have to complete a pair of lights. I need one (1) headlight shell and any glass lenses for cowl lights.

I have a few headlight lenses remaining. Contact Mark Belec 612 599 6512 or mark.belec@gmail.com
    Ok folks -Nuff said..  Let's get back on track..