Step Down Floor pans

I've made several sets of floor pans.  Different customers have requested many variation.  Either for ease of install, or to simplify the parts for economic reasons, or whatever.  But if someone asks for "as original as you can make them", this is what they get, including the original style drains and trans cover clips.  These ones are late step down as noted by the beads.  Earlier years had less beads, later years had more, in a nut shell.  Think these were 1952 or '53, I can't remember.  '54's had the curved corners, not pictured.  These are hand made, by me, and made to order.  When I have time.  The first picture shows the floors about half way through the process, before the curve up of the toe board.  They are different from short wheel base to long wheel base.

Comments

• schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Great work as always man!
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

Nice Job, wish I could do that...…

Jay

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Anybody making the center hump?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Bentmetal could make one, but the center hump doesn't usually rot out . . . unless the car was stored upside down.  In that case, I can assure you, it DOES rot out.  
  • Bentmetal floor pans are outstanding! Perfect fit...original style drains and trans cover clips...simply amazing. Thank you!!!
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Glad you guys are liking the pics. :)  "Uncle Josh", I have repaired those trans covers before for people.  Never made one complete.  I think their are enough of those still out there that you could find a good one.  Try Jason Fisher at Vintage Coach in Fontana, CA. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Interesting, as here in the Northeast (NYS) the tin worms get the centers.
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Corner pieces for under the carpet on 1954's.
  • Would like a rear set of floor pans for my 48 super six business coupe. How much?
  • Lovely work there. Thinking of doing mine. Would you consider shipping to Australia?
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Amazing! Wish I had even half of that skill!!