4* Matching Clean Hudson Hubs

I'd like to PayPal these ASAP. Please, NOT for eBay Resell,,Only folks who can finish a project. (Anyone can Ebay)

Comments

• A few looked DINGED up & bent in... Lighting effect
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    price ?
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    15 inch or 16 inch
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Those caps were used ONLY on the 54 Hornet Special. They fit 15" wheel .
  • 15" How's a Start off 400 shipped . Hard to come across
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    $400? If you get close to that let us know. Might be time for me to dig out some hubcaps and start selling them.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

Rick, wondering why you say they were only used on the 54 Hornet Special?  These are the ones that I have on my 1954 Hudson Hornet Special Coupe, but when I was doing my research, I thought they offered three caps for 54 with this configuration.  Dog dish, Full moon cap and this full flat cap.  Am I wrong?

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Brownie, not referring to other design caps, just this specific  design. The full "moon" cap was standard on the Hornets and Jet Liners. The cap that you have on your special was standard on only the Special.  The wasp for 1955 had this center design but mounted like the small Jet caps. was not painted the same colors as the 54 caps.  I realize that over the years caps have been fitted because the owner liked the design.  The only "dog dish" caps offered in 1954 had the red triangles like was used since 1950.
    Love your red coupe, nice work!!   

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Not to muddy this post... the pictured caps were standard on the Super Wasp in 1954.  The Wasp standard cap was the small cap with red triangle.  As was previously said...the large caps were available too. The large caps first appeared as optional equipment in 1952.
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited March 2019
    $400.00 does seem a bit pricey.  That said, hope you find some one to purchase them at that price.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Thanks Ric for that information.  It is always good to learn something about my car that I did not know...  Thanks again.
  • Out of town for work, due to internet restrictions/Tier 3 Dat Sec office I'm in, I couldn't log in. These Def are from a "54, no doubt about it. $400 is too pricey? Find a cleaner matching set, and I'll compare em. We all know what single Hubs are going for, seems I had better break em into singles , and offer $125. I'm not hurting for the $$$, I just happen to run Wires instead.

• I apologise, they are from a 1954 Superwasp with out a doubt.