Intro - Hello from Queensland Australia - 1917 Hudson Super Six Special

Hi & thanks for having me here.  Just thought I'd show you guys & gals our 1917 Hudson Super Six Special.  Quentin Sykes lovingly rebuilt this car in the early 90's in Victoria Australia & now it lives in Queensland & ready to go racing some more.  Cheers for now Kenny 

Comments

• Here's a look from a few more angles

• And how about a look under the hood

• Val
    Val Member
    Welcome, and nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.
  • A coupe by the sea

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    What a fantastic looking car, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it!
  • Very cool. What’s the History? 
    Who made that head ? And does it work ? 
  • VicTor Z
    VicTor Z Senior Contributor
    Beautiful ! Yes What's the History and what's in the future for this Beautiful CAR, 1917 Hudson Super Six Special?
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser
    Glad to see you kept the go fast pedal between the others.  Confuses people.
  • Nice!

• Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    Where abouts in Queensland ? I am near Ipswich.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Would like more info on the head. Very interesting seeing that original ones are getting hard to come by.

• And here's the Garage

• Jay G said:

100%  Keeps everyone honest.  They don't even bother asking for a drive..... lol

• Where abouts in Queensland ? I am near Ipswich.
    Hi Spencer - Near Bribie Island

• Would like more info on the head. Very interesting seeing that original ones are getting hard to come by.

Hi there - I do have the original head.  But these were made to increase the performance in many ways.  From combustion chamber & cooling & even the spark location.  Big improvements were gained.  Unfortunately the wonderful engineer that built "these" heads (six piece) in the 90's has since passed.  They were all a "one off".....

• Thanks for your interest.  More to come from me in time.  Cheers Kenny.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Jay G said:

100%  Keeps everyone honest.  They don't even bother asking for a drive..... lol

Wouldn't bother me , I always found a centre throttle pedal strangely correct :)

• We say in the states these days that a three on the tree shifter is a theft deterrent because the kids today couldn't drive a stick shift to save their life!