1938 Terraplane production

Are there production breakdown numbers for coupe, 4 door sedan, utility coupe, and pickups in 1938?

Thx 
David 

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    There are not. That info was lost long ago in the merger.
  • Bummer.
    Thanks. Well, if only we could change history!
  • I have a friend with a '38 Coupe with quite a few spare parts because he turned it into a race car.
  • Kewl.  I need a few odds and ends for mine, little interior pieces and such. Been driving it since it came last summer. Really takes a guy back in time to cruise in a Terraplane. Drop me a fone number 
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    If it's any consolation, history shows us a little info. There was a major Recession in '38 and production was way done throughout the auto industry. Production in '37 at HMCC was probably twice (or not quite) what it was in '38, IMO.

If rarity is what you are after, you got it with the '38's. If parts availability is what you are after, you are somewhat more challenged than other years.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    I believe 1929 and 1937 were Hudson highest production years
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I believe the motor to the diff, wheels, all fenders, and a lot of other parts were the same as 1937. Differences were I believe the dash, nosecone bonnet area and hubcaps. If Im wrong I hope someone will let me know. Barry
  • If it's any consolation, history shows us a little info. There was a major Recession in '38 and production was way done throughout the auto industry. Production in '37 at HMCC was probably twice (or not quite) what it was in '38, IMO. If rarity is what you are after, you got it with the '38's. If parts availability is what you are after, you are somewhat more challenged than other years.
    Oddly, it was not the rarity I was after, I more or less stumbled across this running car, so I bought it. It's mostly complete, needing only a trunk lock and a couple Escutcheons on the door and window handles. Maybe other little pieces I haven't noticed.