Some of my rare stuff on eBay, if you are interested...

sidevalve
sidevalve Member
edited January 2019 in Literature & Memorabilia
Hi folks - I have put some rare accessories on eBay, and as a couple of them are Hudson ones I thought I'd tell y'all (or should that be all y'all). I also have some things on my website, which is oldcaraccessories.com, but most of the things on there are sold, because if you put rare stuff on a website it sells out within about 15 minutes.

The Hudson items are a genuine 1936 key fob from a garage in Syracuse, NY, and a wonderful old salt and pepper shaker from the 20s or 30s. Here is a link to the listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/oldcaraccessories/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Comments

• Your prices are implausible !!
  • My parts are unfindable!
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    not a single bid on 30 items. overpriced dreamer.
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Yes sir ^.  
  • sidevalve
    sidevalve Member
    edited January 2019
    I know my prices very well, but as you should know, no-one ever bids on eBay till the end. I have already had 5 offers for rare items (the auto desk, both bat bug deflectors, the Noblo wind deflectors and the antenna intensifier). I wouldn't have managed to sell over 4000 items on eBay if I didn't know the market...
  • 6 offers on this item alone, the latest of which is $10.50 above my asking price - not usually the mark of an item that is overpriced...

• jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Guess there's some folks that just 'gotta have'...
    "Caveat emptor"
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I'm willing to bet that this guy hasn't sold many items to people who own Hudsons.
  • ??? Looks to me that he had an offer at his original asking price , but turned it down, WHAT? Somthings not right.. His avatar looks like is in the USA, but his email is overseas.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    professional scam artist ?
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Well, if sidevalve is able to sell all of his pricey vintage automotive items presently on eBay, then that means our stashes of Hudson stuff has to be worth far more than we all thought.
  • Beforemytime
    Beforemytime Member
    edited January 2019
    Well, if sidevalve is able to sell all of his pricey vintage automotive items presently on eBay, then that means our stashes of Hudson stuff has to be worth far more than we all thought.
    It is, until FEEbay commission expenses and listing fees eat all the value. BTDT.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    I don't think it's that unusual to turn down a best offer that is your opening bid in an auction. If you run an auction with a buy it now option, the buy it now price has to be (I think) at least 30% higher than the starting bid. So the best offer tab is a way to potentially meet someone in the middle.

From experience, I've sold hockey jersey's on ebay and my starting bid is what I'll take and if it's a case where I expect it to sell it higher than the opening bid, then I wouldn't take a best offer that was at the opening bid either...or at least not in the first day or two of a 7 day auction. Ebay isn't the cheapest place to sell, but it does provide you with a market. Ebay typically takes about 10% of the price and paypal takes another 5%. But then those are typically the only expenses you have other than your time.

That said, some of those prices appear to be going after a specific collector more thN a casual one.