Wheel questions

jjbubaboy
jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
Hey,
I want to put some different wheels on my 36T so I can see about having my stock artilleries widened.
Anyone put wider 16" wheels on? If so how wide will fit without hitting on turns?
I was thinking a 16 X 7 Ranger or Explorer wheel.
Any thoughts....
Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited December 2018
    I have 15 x 7" Mopar Mags on my '37 pictured, but I have a narrowed Ford 9". Rear .. I have them on my lowered front too and they rub slightly on a real sharp turn
  • jjbubaboy
    Hey Ol racer,
    What size tires are on them?
  • jjbubaboy
    Maybe I should only go with a 6" wide wheel on the front anyway as I hope to put maybe a 215 or 225 X 65 tire on them....
  • Ol racer
    edited December 2018
    I have 265 x 70 R15" on rear and 14" radials on the front. Not certain of size tonite but pretty wide.
  • jjbubaboy
    Wow those are pretty wide and tall! Which is what I am after in the rear as well.
    Could you check the front WHEN you get a chance please, no hurry.
    That might help me decide on a 6 or 7 inch wide wheel.
    Thank you!
    Jeff

• Ol racer
    Remember, I have a Ford 9" Rear with 2" lowering blocks but the tall tires go way up in side the fender nicely. I'll ck the front tire width when im out back.
  • Ol racer
    edited January 2019
    My front tires are B F Coodrich T/A 225x70/R14" and 7' wide. As mentioned above with the forward Rake they rub slightly on a real sharp turn when parking, but not enough to leave a mark. I believe the wheels are 7" as well.
  • jjbubaboy
    Thanks Ol racer!
    Guess I will give it a go with the 7" wheels and see how it goes.
    Maybe a 225x65 will be enough to give me clearance.
    Jeff