Does this heater look like anything anyone has seen

Val
Val Member
edited November 2018 in HUDSON
I believe the horn on the side is for the weather master connection

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Does the face of the heater have some sort of Hudson logo? It might be easier to identify the heater (and year) if we could see the face.
  • Yes it does. It looks like the heater in my 39. Sorry I cant get additional pictures to load. But the 2 doors on the front open the same way mine does and it says Hudson on the bottom. I'll keep trying to load pics

• Seems work now. Heres a couple more pics.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Here's the basic heater with the "horn delete" plate. You can see just where the horn would have gone if the dealer had installed the Weathermaster option.
  • Right, The heater that is currently in my car doesn't have the horn of the delete plate. But otherwise looks the same. I'm gonna bench test this heater to see if she runs. (don't expect it will) if it does or doesn't I'm gonna take the horn and install it on my current heater,
  • As I suspected the heater here doesn't run. No big deal, it will be good for parts or to have rebuilt and use as a spare
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I would guess that you could lay your hands on a fairly decent heater of that time (minus the rather rare horn, of course), for a reasonable amount of money. It would save you having to remove rust, fill and paint your heater enclosure (let alone fix the motor). Then you could simply bolt the horn from your heater, to the new heater.
  • Probably so but I have already removed the rust, filled and primed the cover and horn. I'm still trying to figure out that weathermaster installation. I know the cowl vent rod has to be removed from the lever.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    As you've probably learnt, at least half the fun in taking your vintage car for a run, is getting it out of the garage!!