Photo Needed of Stud

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
Well if that isnt a loaded title!  But seriously folks, I’m looking for a photo & dimensions of the stud which comes out the back of the intake.  It would be the left bottom area.   Mine broke off & I drilled & tapped it but can’t find my photo of this item.  

Heres the hole it goes into on the intake of my 37 coupe.  (6cyl)

Comments

• BigSky
    Yes, it’s a 2 barrel carb off my 37 Hudson coupe.
  • BigSky
    That’s one of the things I’m trying to figure out.  Could be throttle spring or perhaps something with the climate control in the exhaust manifold.  Unfortunately, I didn’t take photos over a year ago when I took it apart, which is why a photo would help.  Lesson learned!
  • BigSky
    Nope, I have the electric hand & this is the connection.  Like I said it’s a stud, I believe to hold a spring or the like. 

If if anyone can share a photograph of this on their car that would help.
  • Val
    Val Member
    When I get home today I'll check my 39. It has a 212 with 2 bbl carb
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Looking at these pictures you will notice there is a manifold that is not tapped, three that are tapped.  Two are OBVIOUSLY A THREADED STUD.  This stud is not a plug, but probably a mounting point for an accessory item used with the original vehicle.  All of the engines are 212s. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    edited October 2018
    This the stud you are asking about. On my 39 is does nothing but sit there. Oldfarmer those are good pics Very nice! .

• BigSky
    Aha!  The stud is used to attach the bracket which holds the metal “breather tube” from the electric hand up to the air cleaner in place.  

In Ken’s diagram pictures above & you can see one of tubes goes up to the air cleaner.  The bracket & connection to the intake just isn’t representated there.  

Thank you all for helping me figure this out!  Now I can get the proper item tomorrow & install it on the intake.  Then finally install the intake & exhaust manifolds!  Once I have it attached as it should be, I will post the photo as a reference for others if needed in the future.
  • BigSky
    I was test fitting the manifolds with gaskets and decided to shoot that picture which shows what I figured out with everyone’s help.  

• Glad you got it figured out.

As a farmer I have had numerous times that I needed a special bolt for certain applications. I have attached this S.A.E. fastener specification sheet that I picked up at my local fastener store. I have had to use these more times than I would like to admit. I hope you folks find it as helpful as I have.

Mike