1951/52/53 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe

hudsonenthusiast
edited September 2018 in HUDSON
Good day everyone,
I am looking for a 1951/52/53 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe! The condition doesn't matter (good condition and drivable would be best)! The place doesn't matter! 1951 would be best but I would take every reasonable opportunity!

I'm thankful for every respond and wish you all a great week!
Best regards,
Devrim

Comments

• 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    kinda what i thought ken. new to old cars or young and clueless.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Enthusiast, we'll keep our eyes open. However, there's a lot of stuff out there, so keep looking around the internet, Hemmings Motor News, Craigslist, etc. Where are you located?

I do think you should consider new or re-manufactured parts. As Ken indicated, it's certain suicide to be driving with "wearing" parts that saw their best days in the 1950's! Fortunately, Hudsons are not Duesenbergs, and the drive train parts are as reasonably priced as any other cars of the era. However, good body and chrome parts are not as easy to find, so make sure you purchase a car that's solid, un-dented and un-rusted. The body's the all-important thing; if it doesn't have an engine, that's just a minor concern.
  • Thank you all! I didn't consider these facts Ken, thank you! Also Thank you Jon! I live in Germany but will travel everywhere to buy one because it is my dream car since my father watched old footages of Marshall Teague and Herb Thomas! The important parts would be the body, Chrome, the stearing wheel and the speedometer! Considering the engine, I would Love if it is the Twin-H! Again, thank you all very much and I would love it if you could tell me when you hear about one because I don't have any contacts in the US but I am searching the Internet every das without success so far!
    Thank you!
  • Ken U-Tx said:
    Good luck with that: " the car can be fixed without using new parts(good condition and drivable would be best)!" Let me guess, this will be your first collector car?
    Yes, it will be my first! A fixed car wouldn't be a problem! The engine should be the twin-H and the important parts would be the body and speedometer! Thank you very much!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Russell Maas recently completed a 1951 Hornet Coupe and it was/is For Sale at his shop location.  

http://www.21stcenturyhudson.net/

• Russell Maas recently completed a 1951 Hornet Coupe and it was/is For Sale at his shop location.  

http://www.21stcenturyhudson.net/

Thank you very, very much but I have a problem: the link doesn't open!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Type 21st Century Hudson into your browser... the link was to get you to the contact info for Russ
  • Thank you very much! You're made me very happy thank's a lot!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    If we have newbies and they have an interest in becoming HudNut, then it is in our best interest not to run them off by being Negative Nancy's. A better approach is to educate them, but gently.

Hudsonenthusiast-

Welcome to the forum and to Hudsoning! Oldfarmer gave you a good lead above and good advice. Keeping Hudson's original is not for everyone and not the same as keeping a Chevy or Ford original. Basically, it's more expensive and takes more time and effort to do it right. Therefore, buying the very best car you can find and afford will pay you dividends in future maintenance costs. Having a car that recently had someone like the Maas' go through is good insurance, good peace of mind. Being able to jump in and drive across the country right from the get-go has value in and of itself.

Glad you are here!

• Thank you very much RL! I am very lucky to have found this Forum, it is great and everyone here is very kind and respectful! I am very happy in this forum and already feel like I'm home! It is nice to have found so many people who love Hudson as much as I do!

Thank you very, very much!
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Hudson Enthusiast,

You will for sure want to join the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club, the sponsor of this forum. Read through this link from above and send me an email. I will send you a complimentary copy of the White Triangle News, the award winning publication of the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club. You won't regret joining.

HET Club Information
    https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/165267/consider-joining-the-hudson-essex-terraplane-club#latest

Regards,

John Forkner
    Hudson Essex Terraplane Club

• Dear Mr.Forkner,

Thank you very much I will definetly join but I have to wait 1 month because my new job starts next week and I will be able to pay the abonnement after receiving the first check: no money in PayPal right now!

Thank you very much and have a great week! I am very excited to becoming a member!
    Best regards,
    Devrim
  • Guten Tag Ken, ein 1952 Hudson Hornet Coupe ginge auch, Vielen Dank!
    Ich wohne in Bracht nahe Düsseldorf!
    Vielen Dank und eine schöne Woche noch!
    Grüße,
    Devrim
  • Ken U-Tx said:

Devrim, welcher Ort in Deutschland bist du? Ich hilfen mein Freund Marco Eschle aus Denzlingen naehe Freiburg, Kaiserstuhl. Marco ist besitzer von einem 1952 Hudson Hornet Coupe. Gruesse aus Texas, Kenneth Ufheil

Guten Tag, Steht der Hudson Hornet ihres Freundes zum Verkauf? Wenn ja, Könnten sie mir sagen wie viel er verlangt?
    Vielen Dank und noch eine schöne Woche!
    Grüße aus Bracht,
    Devrim
  • Ich könnte maximal 35.000€ bezahlen müsste jedoch noch 1-2 Monate warten bis ich das Geld komplett zusammen habe!
  • Ich würde dann auch einen kaufen der in schlechterem Zustand ist und diesen später restaurieren lassen! Es ist aber sehr wichtig, dass es ein 1951/52 Hudson Hornet coupe ist aufgrund eines emotionalen Wertes über meinen Vater und den Rennlegenden Marshall Teague und Herb Thomas
  • Update:
    Good day everyone,
    I would also buy a 1952 or 1953 Hudson Hornet Coupe! It would still be very nice if you could Zell me if you See a fitting car for 38.000€(44.000 $) or less because I couldn't find a fitting car on Gateway Classic cars, hemmings, craigslist or autotrader! Still searching for one in that segment!
    Thank you very much have a great week!
    And a special thank you to everyone who has helped me so far!
    Best regards,
    Devrim
  • Hey Devrim, WHERE do you live in GERMANY??? We live in the Rheinland-Pfalz, as I work at NATO Air Command on Ramstein AB. Would love to get in touch with other Hudson guys over here. If you ever get a hold of a Hudson, perhaps we could cruise. Needless to say, my '51 Hornet cabrio attracts a 'bit' of attention on the Autobahn... Cheers, Brent
  • Also, as to FINDING a Hudson, best thing to do what I did: Join the HET Club (if you haven't already) and put a WTB add in the White Triangle News.
  • Hey Brent, I live in Bracht in NRW it is near the dutch border! We are about 100km apart! Sure would love to cruise a bit with other Hudson guys! I hope I'll soon have a Hudson! And thanks for the Info with HET, I planned on joining next month!
    Best regards, Devrim
  • Thank you Ken, I was all the time searching for it and can now concentrate more on others!
  • Devrim, Sounds good. 100km isn't too far for me to drive the Hornet. Not sure how familiar with Hudsons you are, but I'd be happy to help, as needed. If you need to evaluate a particular vehicle, there are lots of 'little' things to look for that you may or may not know about. Other guys in the Club can also lend technical expertise. My email is brentprim@aol.com if you need. Regards, Brent
  • Hi Devrim, Hi Brent,
    i´m also located in Germany. I´m the guy from Freiburg (black forest area). I´ve done a lot of stuff on my 1952 Hudson Hornet club coupe so far. Hope to get it on the road in the next time.....it´s not everybodies cup of tea...but i plan on doing a "Herb Thomas" tribute car. I´m just not sure which route to go: decals or hand lettering.
    Thanks, Marco
    @Devrim and Brent: sent me a pm
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Marco, that is a good looking 52! More pictures?
    Hand lettering would look more authentic I think.
  • Hi Marco,
    That's a great idea! I also planned on a Herb Thomas or Marshall Teague tribute!
    Best regards,
    Devrim
  • @Devrim: i´ve sent you an pm