Looking awesome! Great job!
    Jeff
  • Val
    Val Member
    Very Nice!
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Very nice work. 

• Some very interesting projects, nice work!
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    "Meat-space" 80% radiator install. There will be a custom chevy adapter for a swivel water neck to accomodate the passenger side inlet.
  • GrimGreaser

Spaced 1-1/4" to make room for fittings.
  • Love the tank. Quite a job.
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    Nice work. 
  • GrimGreaser
    Pretty much ready to drive around... Get a coat of paint on the fenders, and give the state of CO their vig and I'll be good to go...

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Grim, did you get the tach you were working on completed ? Also, tell us about the fan pulley, are you using the stock crank dampener pulley with it ? What is the advantage on that style radiator ?
  • GrimGreaser
    edited May 2018
    Tach and gauges are nearly complete, have some circuit board and enclosure details to iterate and finalize.  I have a later model GM dampener with a short-water pump style crank pulley, and that water pump pulley is for a Ford Racing Short Water pump, but I had to swap out the hub for the proper bolt pattern. Radiator is a Speedway universal dual path cross flow unit, 26" wide.  https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Double-Pass-Aluminum-Radiator-Chevy,23864.html

• GrimGreaser
    Some quick numbers from my cooling system:

180° thermostat, 7 psi rad. Cap
    Rad. Inlet ~170°
    Rad. Outlet ~130°
    Measured w/ K-type thermocouple on radiator surface

@ idle (after quick trip to gas station and around neighbourhood) with just stock fan as seen in picture. 
  • GrimGreaser
    Little farther along... Electric cooling fan and shroud:

• bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Good stuff. :)
  • TwinSupercharged
    TwinSupercharged Expert Adviser
    Interesting that I see most Hudson's with the coil mounted pointing down. Most mfg MSD, Pertronix recommend pointing it up to insure the oil is covering the internals. Any issues??
  • GrimGreaser
    No problems for me so far.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Grim,
    Why the different air filter on the carb? Is that a standard carb? What kind of filter is that? Looks like it makes it easier to work on the engine without the standard air filter.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    What material did you use to construct your radiator shroud?
  • GrimGreaser
    The air filter is one of those universal K&N types that I found to fit a Rochester 4GC I have, but it fits great on the filter adapter on the Carter WGD. Much better than the oil bath filter I had.

The shroud is made out of some sheet steel I had. I would of rather used aluminum, but it turned out pretty good and looks pretty slick painted red.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    The air filter is one of those universal K&N types that I found to fit a Rochester 4GC I have, but it fits great on the filter adapter on the Carter WGD. Much better than the oil bath filter I had.

The shroud is made out of some sheet steel I had. I would of rather used aluminum, but it turned out pretty good and looks pretty slick painted red.
    What is the number on the K & N air filter?  Better yet, what are the dimensions?  
  • GrimGreaser
    Not a K&N... Airaid or Spectre...  I will have to look it up.
  • GrimGreaser
    This one one I beleive... 
    https://www.spectreperformance.com/mobile/product.aspx?prod=8168
    There are other colors.  Mine is clamped on the base of one of those 2bbl universal 4" filters.
  • GrimGreaser
    Some updates: current engine layout, gauges and lights, and seats/safety belts...

imageimageimageimage
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Wow, those gauges really stand out! It's looking really good , great work
  • GrimGreaser
    Another shot of the engine:

Speedway Motors aluminum dual-pass radiator and a custom made electric fan shroud. 
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited August 2019
    Like the fan shroud. I need to build one for my custom 53 studebaker coupe.
    Very nice upholstery. 
    Are all the guages now ready for sale?
    Also interesting seat belt arrangement for 3 pt belts, i need to look into that.