Slow parts delivery

What's the deal with Dale Cooper, Ace Auto Parts?  I'm new to the Hudson club and I have never encountered a vendor that was as slow as he is in getting parts out.  I'm a member of 3 other car clubs and never have experienced this type of sloooow delivery. I ordered a gasket kit for my Jet engine over hall a month ago and still haven't got the kit! Project at a sandstill.

Comments

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Call him and remind him.  
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    i ordered a fuel pump  10 days ago dale said he would ship it right away. still waiting.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Don't know what is happening with Dale lately. Is anyone close to him that can check on him?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    I agree, for the last year he has taken about 2 to 3 weeks for him to ship orders. One time I actually forgot that I made a non-urgent order and it showed up about a month later and I wondered what it was until I opened it.
  • barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Dale has a good range of parts at good prices and knows the Hudson cars. Perhaps he is like me, getting older and slower. But then who isnt. Give him a call and let him know you appreciate his help with parts.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    He's only failed to ship to me one time, but I was able to find what I needed at NAPA.  Has anyone had a problem with him failing to send an invoice along with the parts or shortly thereafter?  
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Never had an problems with him.. ?? Always includes an invoice for billing . He trust folks to pay upon delivery.. Unheard of nowadays.
  • Val
    Val Member
    I saw Dale Saturday at Wildricks crank up meet, And I spoke with him yesterday. I too am waiting for parts. A fuel pump so that I may drive my car again. I agree with SuperDave's statement above. But this time it does seem to be a longer wait. He is a super nice guy and knows the cars well. 
  • SuperDave
    I sent an email Sunday, asking for an eight cyl. head gasket. Came US Mail today. Saturday in central Florida.  
  • Val
    Val Member
    I'm still waiting on a fuel pump that I was told I would receive this week. 
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    SuperDave said:
    I sent an email Sunday, asking for an eight cyl. head gasket. Came US Mail today. Saturday in central Florida.  
    Was there an invoice that came with it?  
  • SuperDave
    JasonNC said:
    SuperDave said:
    Was there an invoice that came with it?  
    Yes
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Just curious Dave.  I sent him a check for the head gasket and 15% for shipping and handling because I don’t like owing people, especially guys like Dale.  He is a good guy to talk to and with one exception, has always delivered on time.  It’s just that the last two orders I got from him didn’t have an invoice.   
  • SuperDave
    mine was in a small packet attached to the outside of the box  labeled "Invoice Inside".
    The mail man was impressed with the packaging. No way was it going to get bent!
    Back in the mid 60's I ordered a Model A ford head gasket from J Whitney. Some one had folded the gasket SO IT FIT IN A SMALLER PACKAGE!! Needless to say i exercised the toll free number LOL
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    My head gasket was packaged in a manner that didn’t allow for it to be bent either.  I looked for the small packet with the invoice inside of it, but it wasn’t there like it was in times past.  
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Sometimes it takes a while to get parts in for him to sell. We go through the same issues time to time.  The pumps for example are rebuilt and the rebuilder can take up to 6 months to get them back them back to him.  I always tell people to be proactive and order it ahead of time because most of the time the pump needed to be change 2 months ago and it warms up and everybody needs them in 2 days. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    Spoke with Dale today. He said the pump has shipped so I hopfully will have in in a day or two. Russ, I understand what your saying and can agree. But I was told it was in stock when I asked about it. I wonder if 2manyprojects ever received his pump?
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    In some ways we have all gotten spoiled with the Amazon Prime and virtually next day deliveries for almost everything.  It is great we still can get parts at reasonable prices and with honest vendors.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    mine was shipped yesterday ,dale was waiting on the parts from his supplier.
  • I ordered some stuff from Dale last Thursday. The first item (a new water pump) showed up yesterday, with packing slip/invoice on outside of the box.... No complaints here at all!
  • Val
    Val Member
    I received the fuel pump today. No invoice but he said it would come in the mail. Happy to do business with him.  
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    Just a heads up, Val.  You may have to remind him about the missing invoice after a few weeks or months....
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor

FYI

Ive had no problem getting parts from Dale Cooper when needed but lately not with an Invoice so I just call to remind him or get the total to send a check.. I suspect he is overwhelmed and/or shorthanded after taking on all Orphan Car Parts.

• Val
    Val Member
    It could be both Ol racer. But JasonNC I will do that if I don't receive it soon. 
  • I'm new here, but i know about these issues, over decades of collector car hobbyism - please show great appreciation for someone like this - i don't see anyone taking his place anytime soon - (hope my part arrives soon too! ;) ) - thank you dale
  • Val
    Val Member
    I have requested a replacement fuel pump Sunday before last avia email and spoke with him Monday last week. He said he would drop one in the mail to me that day. Still nothing. So I have tried to contact him but have not had any luck, I do hope he is ok. I get no answer at his store
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    I never had a problem with Dale in the past and like I mentioned previously, he may be short handed now and doing the best that he can after taking on additional orphan car Inventory. At some point when Sales volume dictates, Dale may feel its time to add a person. Until then we need to have patience. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Yes Dale has GREAT service. I did hear from him so I would guess he is just very busy. Glad that is doing ok. 
  • i received my "severe usage" sway bar yesterday - time to get severe . . . real severe! thanks dale (the check's in the mail!)