Rod Bolts

After searching and asking all I found discussed was the 351C ARP rod bolts for a replacement.
I bought a set and measured them and it was going to take some reaming of the rod bolt holes in the rods or turning/polishing the new bolts to the correct size. The top of the shoulder was about .380.
So I bit the bullet and sent a stock bolt to ARP to see if they could match it up.
What I got was a more direct fit, readily available rod bolt.
He said the original listing is for a Studebaker engine.
Here's some pics and the part number should others need/want them.
I will add additional parts and fasteners I have selected for my new 308 when I start a complete write up on the build.
I was hoping to have it done already but it seems winter is the build season and I have been swamped with EFI conversion kit orders.
Not complaining but it really hurts my build time!

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Looks good.  Now what about the palnuts?
  • You can see the new 12 point ARP nuts that will get a drop of Loc-tite.

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    edited April 2018
    For those needing palnuts:
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/ms27151palnuts.php

Thanks for the part numbers Bill!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited May 2018

I would not bother with Pal nuts especially using ARP fastners

(actually, I haven't used Pal nuts on a 308 since late '50's when I circled Track raced Hudson's)

• I love this forum, I needed this exact information today (holding rod bolt exemplar in hand)!  I will be ordering my own in the morning!
    Thank you BillUSN1
    Can't wait to see more of your engine build...
    Also happy to put a proper name to the Pal nuts I removed...