1940 Hudson Marta Convertible

dustymaxhudson
dustymaxhudson Expert Adviser
I looked at this car about 8 years ago for Brownie Petersen. Evidently, he still has it. Price seems high to me for the condition it's in. It is quite rare though! Any thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/permalink/165186090866967

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    I think there is an extra zero on the price. Must be a typo......LOL
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    If it's a convertible,where is the top?
  • dustymaxhudson
    When I went to inspect the car, I showed up a little early and the owner was busy filling the rust around the cowl with body filler! The car had been sitting outside under a tarp. I can Imagine how bad the body is now!  
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    This was posted on Wayne's facebook page Terraplane SEVEN yesterday for a few minutes before Wayne closed it down.  This is a Martz Custom Roadster that someone used the book by Charles Martz to build.  Very close to the patterns in the book.  I thought this one belonged to John Pontius but not sure.  A very nice older restoration of one is currently for Sale in the WTN and I think it is a good buy at the same price.  Plus the one that Gus has for sale was built by Barris Customs.  The question on Wayne's page was it a good buy.  I would say no at that price.  It should be under 10K.  There are currently three Martz roadsters restored or near restored so the "rare" card is only a talking point not a value point.  SuperDave.  Martz roadsters were not designed or built with a top
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    This was posted on Wayne's facebook page Terraplane SEVEN yesterday for a few minutes before Wayne closed it down.  This is a Martz Custom Roadster that someone used the book by Charles Martz to build.  Very close to the patterns in the book.  I thought this one belonged to John Pontius but not sure.  A very nice older restoration of one is currently for Sale in the WTN and I think it is a good buy at the same price.  Plus the one that Gus has for sale was built by Barris Customs.  The question on Wayne's page was it a good buy.  I would say no at that price.  It should be under 10K.  There are currently three Martz roadsters restored or near restored so the "rare" card is only a talking point not a value point.  SuperDave.  Martz roadsters were not designed or built with a top
    Then its a roadster?
  • I found one of these in Hanover Md. about 50 years ago, As I remember Rich Vensa bought it. What he did with who knows. Tim Hutchins in Burlington Ia. had one also, he at the time had a register going on them, but that's 40 years ago. It's what you did with a 40 Hudson 2 door in the 50,s. 
  • dustymaxhudson
    Brownie, I had posted on Waynes Terraplane Seven site yesterday. Wayne notified me the site was intended for Terraplanes only and he had turned off the response button.  Out of respect for Wayne and the intentions of the group, I removed the post and put it on this forum where it belongs. 
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

Good move.  You should run out and buy the one in the WTN.