Fogged up windshield

JasonNC
JasonNC Expert Adviser
It's cold as blue blazes down in here in NC and in order to have heat in the coupe, I have to contend with a fogged up windshield. I expect that when it's rainy and cloudy, but the window fogs up even on bright sunny days.  The sedan doesn't do that on clear days.  I've done the open side window thing, but that doesn't do the trick.  I'm sure you guys from colder climates have a solution to this, so pass it on.  Thanks

Comments

• In NC too, but could be a slight leak in the heater coil, if it is on heat/defrost.. If it wipes off like it is slick, might be an antifreeze film.

You can get 'Anti-fog' at Autoparts but been years since I have used it.
    Best I can do~~

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Is the air intake draining properly? I had an issue similar to yours in a modern about 20 years ago and the air intake was holding water hence extra moist air and even water was taken into the heating system and causing steam effectively.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Alternately,  you can get proprietary anti-fog products to wipe  over the interior glass. 
  • Val
    Val Member
    I use the anti fog from the Rain-X company and it seems to do pretty good for me in the st. Louis area has been quite cold here too

• JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I bought the Rain X interior windshield defogger.  Haven't had a chance to clean the windshield thoroughly before I put it on.  Thanks.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited January 2018
    Jason My driver in NY state during 1960s was a Jet and a 51 Pacemaker, during winters the windshields on both cars fogged and at times iced.  The Hudson heater depends on good distribution hoses a motor working efficiently, a radiator that does not leak...finally if you close the outside air vent at the cowl you will increase the fog in the cabin. 
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I put new defroster hoses on it, the motor is working okay, and the radiator is not leaking.  I left the outside air vent open the entire time.  We'll see what happens when I put the Rain X on it.