Defroster ducting for my 39

Val
Val Member
I am looking for some ducting for the defroster in my 39. It comes off the heater up to a pipe behind the radio. Checked Auto zone but they have nothing I could use. Any ideas?

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited October 2017
    Val,

Doug has it.  Go to his website, click on the COWL button, it's the last item.  You should know by now... call the Dr. first.

John Forkner

• Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor
    If the inside diameter is one and a half inchens inside diameter, try some 40's or 50's chevy. That fit my '49 Hudson. Napa  no longer carried it. N=no A=auto=P=parts=A=available. Or it may be their underpaid clerks who never learned to use a parts book.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Oh silly me, Yeah I didn't see that on the good doctors site
  • While I definitely support Dr Doug, the defroster hose is a Gates part and still quite available thru rock auto or Amazon....at half the price. I will get you the part number tomorrow if you'd like...
  • Val
    Val Member
    Please do Thank you
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I'd like the number also.  I tried to find heater duct hose for a 1949 Hudson on RockAuto's website and had no luck.  
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Got mine recently from Rock Auto 1-3/4" diameter. fit the heater from a stepdown that is on my shelf. 6 foot piece. Gates  23828  $22.53 included shipping.
  • Val
    Val Member
    Mines seems to be about 1 1/2" inside diameter. So I will check and see what I can find
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    they have 1-1/2" also. PN 23824
  • Val
    Val Member
    Thanks SuperDave 
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I ordered the duct hose from RockAuto for the 1 3/4 diameter heater tube.  Looks like it's going to work fine.  The problem is that I received six tubes and I only needed one.  I thought the six I was seeing was the length of the tube and didn't pay attention to the quantity being shipped.  I plan to keep an extra for a spare, but I have four of these things that I don't need.  I tried to return the ones I don't need to RockAuto online, but it appears that I have to send the entire package back intact.  I'm going to call and try to talk to a human to see if I can return a partial order.  If not, if anyone is interested, let me know.  
  • anyone have the Gates part number for 2" defrost hose?  (1954, not looking for a plastic hose replacement)
  • so so I ordered the duct from Wildrick and it wasn’t even close, either size (too big) or construction (plastic).  I ordered from one of the GM sites and it was spot on closer in construction and size
  • I just ordered from Amazon, sold by Old Air Products:

2 Inch Duct ID Cloth Hose AC Heater Defrost, 6 Feet Cloth [91-51C] Air Conditioning