49-54 Hudson coupe or convertible wanted.

Looking for a very nice 49-54 Hudson coupe or convertible. Modified drivetrain considered , automatic transmission a plus. No projects  please.Thank you.

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Where are you located?  I also have a 49 Two door sedan For Sale in Florida.
    Has 1953 drive train ... 262 Twin H, Dual range HydraMatic and 307 Dana rear end. Heavy duty Front sway bar,12 Volts A/C. Amateur restoration but looks pretty darned good and drives great.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    check ebay
  • I have 7,200 feedbacks for parts sales on e bay. I'm on that site several times a day. Thank you.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might want to give your location, rqa. 
  • southwest Michigan
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited August 2017
    I don't know if it is still available but I looked at a nice '54 Convertible near Seattle last year.  It has been in the WTN for 3 issues now.  It is a hydromatic, black with maroon leather.
  • 2manyprojects
    2manyprojects Expert Adviser
    I,m in grand rapids where are you rqa040, are you a new member?
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    There's a 49 C6 conv with twin h added (and a few non original mods, but still  a nice looking car in the pics) on Craigslist in FL for $29ish.
  • hudsonjeff
    hudsonjeff Senior Contributor
    I am in southeast mi and may have a coupe or hollywood for sale
  • Do you have pictures and information to share ? Thank you.
  • SuperDave
    I checked on the convertible on Ebay.  The vin # says it is a Super 6 Not a Commodore. Also much modifications. If you are a preservationist. This would not make the grade. The seller knows nothing about the car. It does appear to be cosmetically great.. just not as represented. No center arm rest in back sear. windows converted to electric. etc.
    A fair price though!
  • SuperDave
    edited August 2017
    duplicate of original post.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Just in case the craigslist ad disappears, here's the one I was referring to:
    https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1949-hudson-commodore-6/6255252649.html
    THIS IS A VERY RARE 1949 HUDSON COMMODORE 6 CONVERTIBLE. HAS THE TWIN H 6 CYL. ENGINE WHICH IS A RARE ENGINE. THE TRANSMISSION IS UP GRADED TO A MODERN 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC AND VINTAGE AIR CONDITIONING HAS BEEN ADDED WHICH WORK GREAT. HAS A SOLID DARK RED EXTERIOR WITH SOME VERY MINOR IMPERFECTIONS. THE RED AND TAN INTERIOR HAS SEATS, AND CARPETS THAT ARE NEW WITH GOOD WOOD TRIM AND A NEW SET OF GAUGES. HAS THE ORIGINAL OLD TUBE RADIO THAT DOES WORK AM ONLY. HAS A TAN WORKING POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP WITH RED BOOT TO MATCH INTERIOR. FRONT POWER WINDOWS REAR CRANK. THE CAR RUNS VERY WELL AND SHIFTS PERFECTLY. GREAT ABOVE AVERAGE DRIVER QUALITY VEHICLE THAT RUNS AND DRIVES FANTASTICALLY WITH SOME VERY MINOR COSMETIC IMPERFECTIONS. GOOD WORKING POWER TOP. FACTORY HUB CAPS WITH WIDE WHITE WALL TIRES. YOU CAN GET RIGHT IN AND TAKE IT TO A CRUISE NIGHT. THIS IS A CLASSIC COLLECTIBLE CAR WITH FULL ANTIQUE STATUS. A REAL SHOW STOPPER WHERE EVER YOU TAKE IT. REMEMBER THIS IS A CAR YOU CAN GET INTO AND DRIVE IT RIGHT AWAY. 

call bob 954-263-1597

Dave said it's a super, not a commodore.  And there are several visible mods, but seems to be a nice looking car for the $$ otherwise.

• SuperDave
    Also note no pockets on the front seat backrests.  But is priced to sell !
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

The late Don Mowry's 2 49 CVs are for sale.  Both have 308 Twin H

XXX413-232-4301