Difference between 1932 and 1933 Hudson terraplane

Just bought a Hudson terraplane body. Was told it was one of those 2 years. Is there anyway to tell the difference so I can apply for a title. Thank you michael

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited August 2017
    If the dashboard is there, you may be able to tell from the instruments.

They were different in 1932 and 1933.  Only problem is that I'm getting mixed signals from the internet as to which photo is for which year. The dashboards are identical in '32 and '33  but the instruments are made differently.

Here, the markings on the gauges are stamped out of the metal so that (I guess!) the light comes through from behind.  Left gauge says "Terraplane" only.

While in this one, the markings are printed to the face of the metal.  Also, the fuel / heat gauge says "Essex Terraplane".  One is for 1932, the other for 1933!  I'm sure that someone more knowledgeable than I will jump in here, and say which is which!

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    First picture is from a 1933 T six.   Second picture is from 1932 Terraplane. Most of the
    other differences are in the frame,chassis and fenders as well as Hood length. Frame has
    serial #s stamped in multiple places but I'm not aware of and numbers on the body except the tag on the passenger side firewall (engine side).
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I have a gauge that is stamped that says Terraplane 8.   I'll try to Take picture tonite.   
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I think the grills are different also.  One has crank hole and other don't.   
  • Well, looks like by the gauges I have a 1933 Terraplane T six. Thank you for the help and guessing I will need more help later on during the build. 
  • 33 did not have windshield visor, 32 did. 
  • tombia said:
    33 did not have windshield visor, 32 did. 
    Was the visor fixed or could it be taken off. I don't see any holes on my mind. 
  • 32 visor was fixed, you clearly have a 33