Exhaust Adapters for 6 cyl stepdowns

Now available(again) at Pigeon Forge, TN 26-30 Oct Thanks for your patience, Bob

Comments

• Price for one exhaust adapter to bolt to the bottom of a stepdown 6 cylinder exhaust manifold is $200 plus shipping(USPO flat rate). We should have the 3/8" flanges to weld the exhaust pipes to, price later, can be shipped in same box. Sorry for any delay or confusion. Bob Parks
  • 8 loaded ready to lv for PF. Thanks for the orders.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Got mine from Bob. Already did trial fit to a Twin H exhaust manifold. Will post pictures later today. Now I need the matching intake.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I had to replace one stud with a bolt due to the lack of room to start a nut on the stud with the adapter in place. just drilled the threads out of the original manifold and dropped a bolt in.  I also made a stainless shield to keep the exhaust out of the intake. I also removed the heat riser flapper and filled the holes with a couple short bolts. Adapter flange is at the welding shop. I decided to let the pro do the welding. I am going to use 1 7/8 exhaust pipe. It's only a 262 so I don't think dropping 1/8 ' is going to make any significant difference. I am going for the "sound" not performance. Maybe snakeing 1 7/8 pipe through the cross members will be a little easier than 2". Any suggestions on muffler choices? It's a '49 so has more room next to the fuel tank than the 51 and newer.
  • We put two new stainless mufflers welded together beside the gas tank, both exhaust pipes exit together under the bumper. We used 2" pipes front to rear. Thanks for the order.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Ive seen Hudson Step-down's using a muffler with dual inlet & outlets which I thought was neat but dont know the the part number.

• Thanks for the questions, first order from CANADA. Price change on Felpro gasket material: w/o holes to match the flange $5,  with holes to match $13.  Thanks, Bob
  • bobdriveshudson2
    bobdriveshudson2 Expert Adviser
    Bump, thanks

• dougson
    dougson Senior Contributor
    We put two new stainless mufflers welded together beside the gas tank, both exhaust pipes exit together under the bumper. We used 2" pipes front to rear. Thanks for the order.

Posted this a while back. I used a Walker Dynomax.
    httpforumhetcluborguploadsFileUpload2167c9aab3df7190255f03fc379c0ee2jpg
  • dougson
    We put two new stainless mufflers welded together beside the gas tank, both exhaust pipes exit together under the bumper. We used 2" pipes front to rear. Thanks for the order.
    Oops. Meant this post
  • dougson
    Ol racer said:
    Ive seen Hudson Step-down's using a muffler with dual inlet & outlets which I thought was neat but dont know the the part number.

I'll try again!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    Dual inlet & outlet Muffler is Thrush / Dynomax #17637. It has 2 1/4" in/out so a bushing is required. Cost around $40
  • Nice job, Ken

• bobdriveshudson2
    Bump, thanks
  • bobdriveshudson2
    We have some adapters ready for sale now  and will bring some to the Pigeon Forge meet in October. Thanks
  • Bump thanks
This discussion has been closed.