Pat Walsh

getley
getley Member
As much as I hate admitting this, I have been conned out of over $500 dollars by Pat Walsh. I have filed complaints with several agency which I hope will get his attention. ON the HET CLUB forums I have been the recipient of several notes that this has been going on since 2012. I recommend that you do not purchase anything from this man. If you are in a position of authority either in this forum of the other one I suggest that you ban Mr. Walsh from the forum and the Club.
At one time I thought I could feel safe buying from a Het club member not any more. His action reflect on all of us.
End of Rant

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    He is apparently well known to have taken money and not delivered to number of car club members.  I was looking to buy some rubber seals from him for my Dad's Nash.  The Nash guys warned me to steer clear.
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Thats good to know thanks for the heads up 
    For the members of the club to avoid this person
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    getley said:
    As much as I hate admitting this, I have been conned out of over $500 dollars by Pat Walsh. I have filed complaints with several agency which I hope will get his attention. ON the HET CLUB forums I have been the recipient of several notes that this has been going on since 2012. I recommend that you do not purchase anything from this man. If you are in a position of authority either in this forum of the other one I suggest that you ban Mr. Walsh from the forum and the Club.
    At one time I thought I could feel safe buying from a Het club member not any more. His action reflect on all of us.
    End of Rant
    getley, Let me begin my Rant by saying I'm sorry for your apparent loss at the hands of Pat Walsh. Now to my Rant: I have been selling Hudson parts to both HET club and non club members for quite some time and have had good relations with the vast majority of folks I have sold to both domestically and foreign. My job is to get the requested parts and describe them to the best of my ability to the customer. If they pass on the part-fine no problem at least they know that I did not cheat them or deceive them. If I know of someone who may have the part I don't carry I'll pass on that information I have had many, many repeat customers who apparently thought that I was worth coming back to.   I have several competitors that I would trust in this fashion as well. To broadly say you don't feel safe buying from HET member vendors because the  vendors are untrustworthy without ever having bought from us is careless to say the least and just plain untrue.  End of my Rant.       Try Hudsonparts.com
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I never heard of this person, so thanks for the heads up.  getley, with the exception of K-Gap just before it went under (and it was a minor issue), I've never had a problem with an HET vendor.  Dave Kostanek, Dale Cooper, Bob Rosol, Lance Walker and many more have always came through with flying colors.  Don't put down HET vendors because of one bad egg.  

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    This fellow, Mr. Walsh, apparently sells parts for several makes, and I would not be surprised if he were a member of several car clubs.  (That would get his advertisements in the club's newsletter at no charge.)  Most of the H-E-T vendors are "one marque only" -- they only sell Hudson parts and their loyalty is (mostly) to the H-E-T Club, not to a series of clubs.  Membership in the Club represents more to them then a mere economic advantage.

Of course, it is possible that there is a  legitimate explanation behind the unpleasant dealings that two or three members have had with this fellow.  For example, physical or mental problems could have impeded his ability to conduct business.  Ideally, someone representing the Club might contact him, ask for an explanation of what's happened, and (if appropriate) obtain a refund for members who have lost their money.  If the Club representative were not satisfied, then the guy would lose his membership.

• 50C8DAN
    edited June 2017
    Continuing from my first post on this:  From others I have corresponded about this: Pat Walsh at one time was a very reputable supplier of weather seals and rubber products.  He was often seen at Hershey and other East Coast shows.  His website shows parts that no one else produces, including a lot of Nash and other lesser marks stuff which no one has any longer now that the NOS stuff has been exhausted.  What some Nash folks said is that he will often buy rubber products from other suppliers and then resells with his mark up.  Nothing wrong with that, but just that what you are looking for may be found cheaper elsewhere.  Some of the Mopar guys swear by him, as that is his specialty.  I have to believe he is up there in age as he started his business in the late 60s, and perhaps some things are slipping?  So it may not be dishonesty, but perhaps just not as sharp as he used to be?  Nonetheless, I would look elsewhere.   

Here is a thread from this forum (use the search to find this info on Pat Walsh):  http://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/14952/pat-walsh-restorations

More data to say steer clear!
  • getley
    getley Member
    Lance, Sorry if I offended you, I was admonishing myself for not taken the time to check this vendor. I Have ordered from other HET vendors with more than success. I think I may have even purchased from you.
  • getley
    getley Member
    Jon B. He claims he is having problems but his alibi just doesn't cut it, Not replying to emails for months on end and unkept promises along with several  complaints about him taking money from people since 2012 punches a hole in his ballon. I will let the legal people handle it as I have filed complaints with a few federal and state agencies. 

• 50C8DAN
    Interesting he does not have any BBB complaints!  Someone should contact them as well.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    getley said:
    Lance, Sorry if I offended you, I was admonishing myself for not taken the time to check this vendor. I Have ordered from other HET vendors with more than success. I think I may have even purchased from you.
    Thats OK. I hate cheats as much as you do. Gives all vendors a bad rap.
  • Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    I've spoken with Mr. Walsh about parts for my Hudson project. He's one odd fellow and someone I did not feel comfortable doing business with -- plus his ebay store is cancelled--A big red flag. Lance, the Maas's, Wildrick's, Mr Cooper and others who frequent this and the member forum have always been a pleasure to do business with.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I'm looking at 39/30 on ESPN and it's doing the story about the Norte Dame And University of Miami football rivalry.  One of the guys that is mentioned quite frequently is a guy named Pat Walsh.  He started a black market selling Notre Dame tshirts that ended badly.  Wonder if this is the same guy?
  • getley
    getley Member
    Wouldn't doubt it. All the clubs need to get the word out when some one take advantage of the trust member ship puts in other member and then abuses it. I hop you all are passing this on. I did make several reports to Authorities about him but have not heard back. 

• Never did get my money back but will continue to hound him. BBB has down graded him to a C. 
  • Got word from Mass. AG that he has filed for bankruptcy hope thats true.

• I have great luck with Hudson people and other vendors over the years. I did get taken on some vintage snowmobile parts,(something else I dabble in) but it was only around 20 bucks. Most people in this hobby are trustworthy but as with everything there are bad apples.