Wow not even a complete Twin H setup and asking $1,600

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
I don't begrudge anyone from getting top dollar, more power to them, but WOW:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hudson-Hornet-Dual-Carb-Intake-/231848176630?hash=item35fb3a6bf6:g:NJ4AAOSwDuJWw-Tp&vxp=mtr

That new Weber setup sounds pretty good if this is where TwinH setups are going!

Comments

• That one's been on there forever.  I think he originally wanted $2,000...!
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I'd say a pipe dream. If seen possibly a decent offer. 
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    I had a chance to buy a perfectly RESTORED, complete Twin-H set-up, air cleaners, lines, everything, a few years ago for $1500, which in the end I thought might be a little high, but not ridiculous.  The one on Ebay is heavily inflated.  Often, the old carburetors offer little in parts except the throttle body itself, which isn't much.  So, basically you're looking at intake and exhaust manifold that have to be re-built for a buck-and-a-half.  Ouch.  
    Having carburetors properly rebuilt is about $400, finding and restoring a good set of air cleaners are in the $400 range now, and restoring the manifolds, gaskets, lines, linkage can add another $200 or so.  I'd say pushing 3K for a Twin-H set-up is for someone who really wants one and doesn't do their homework.  
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    One you have the last one in the world you can ask what ever price you want.
    Maybe he doesn't know their is more then just his in the world good luck to him