WTB: Wire Wheels / Ext Sunvisor / Twin-H Chrome Badge

brentprim
brentprim Member
edited April 2017 in Parts & Pieces

WANTED for Stepdown: Wire Wheels / Ext. Sunvisor / Twin-H Power Badge / - I finally found my Stepdown Convertible, and now hope to add a few extras. Anyone have any of the above / know of anyone who does? Please let me know. Email: brentprim@aol.com. Hudsonly, Brent Bohne

Comments

• What year/model is your stepdown?  That will make a difference for the visor (or at least the brackets).

The Twin H badges are becoming harder to find, especially in usable condition.  I picked up a reproduction one from this vendor.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/amemblems
  • Ken - the quality is "ok."  The edges aren't as crisp as I'd prefer.  But, it's the only one I've got right now.  The posts are the same, so I figured I could mount it up until I found a better one.

I would definitely be interested in buying one from Lynn, if they are much better quality.
  • For the Sunvisor, mine's a '51 Hornet conv.  Thanks for the heads up on the repro emblems, too!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Are you the purchaser of Park Waldrop's Convertible? 
  • Yep.  Just had it picked up from him yesterday, in fact.  I'm over in Germany, so it'll be getting on a boat sometime next week.  Park was a true gentleman to deal with.

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Yes, Park has been my friend for many years.  He is indeed a great man. 
  • I have to say, I have mixed emotions about buying Park's '51 - On the one hand, for me, it's pretty much exactly what I wanted in a stepdown convertible, even the color; on the other however, I know Park owned and loved it for years, and I feel kind of sad/sorry to be taking it from him. I know there is a time for everything, and understand his circumstances that he needed to downsize, etc., but it couldn't have been easy to part with it.  I'll just have to do my best to treat it right, I guess. 
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Agreed, Park has been a great friend in the hobby. I wouldn't have my Convertible had it not been for Park! He introduced me to Herb bell...We do get attached.. Dang it!
  • Does anyone have the contact info for Lynn, who is selling the Twin H badges?
  • I've had a few dealings with Park, also.   A true gentleman and we're going to miss him here.  Stay around Park.  Hudson or no...k