PaulButler
PaulButler Administrator
In checking through some of the issues we have in this forum I noticed a number of people whose avatars are still pointing at the very old forum which was hosted by classiccar.com.

I have a list of people who have used the forum in the last year and will , slowly, get around to letting you who you are so you can arrange to redo your pictures

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Thanks Paul!  I hadn't even thought about that.  I think I re-did mine, so...

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Where do you go again to re-do them?  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Russ,

If you click on your user name in the top left hand corner of the page it'll take you to your profile page. Hover over the picture (or where the picture would be) and you should get a link appear saying "Change Picture".

Select that and upload a new one
  • RL Chilton
    Paul-
    When I do that, it says, "Page Not Found".  

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Russ,

You're okay as your avatar is being displayed which means you have at some stage uploaded it to this forum.

As for the "Page not Found" ...

You may be aware that we've had some problems on here with Private Messages and Attach a file. These have been tracked back to an upgrade to the forum software which appears to have somewhat broken the "permissions" that people had so I am having to build an empty copy of the forum elsewhere and fix the problems there so bear with me
  • RonS
    RonS Senior Contributor
    I have that issue as well. That is, no page found.
  • RL Chilton
    Thank you, Paul. I changed my Avatar.  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    I've "spoken" to a few of you.

There was a slight gotcha in my methods; I concentrated on fixing the "Members" permissions but forgot about you "Senior Contributors" out there.

That has been put right now so for those of you that got "Page not Found" please try again
  • RL Chilton
    Not sure how you can tell anymore, Paul.  Those "titles" are no longer listed beside the avatars.  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    If you click on a user name Russ it take to the profile and it's in there.

You'll have to bear with me because it's not something I noticed but it used to be displayed next to the avatar?

I'll dig around in the settings and see what can be done.

As I've said it was an upgrade to a later version of the forum software that messed up the settings database table and it may be that this later version behaves differently to the previous way in certain ways.

We'll work through it. I've now set up a "test bed" forum so any future upgrades will happen in there first so if it breaks then we don't break it for everyone :)
  • TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    I STILL GET PAGE NOT FOUND......AS OF TODAY 1-30-2016
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Tom,

Try now; a setting right in front of my eyes that I missed ...

I changed the test hack we have to be a "Senior Contributor" and got the same problem.

Once I looked at the settings I spotted it straight away , fixed it and the test hack can now change its profile picture
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Hey Russ,

Does that look what it used to now?
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Thanks Paul. I managed to change my avatar!!
    Dave Y
  • RL Chilton
    No.  I don't see anything next to anyone's avatar that says things like, "Moderator", "Administrator", "Senior Contribtor", etc.  
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Strange; I do 

Next to yours in this post I see "Administrator,Moderator" and the previous one from Dave shows him as "Senior Contributor".

Just to check I'm looking at the forum via Chrome as well.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Are the numbers associated with the poster Avatars thier CPU esn?
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Thanks Paul. I managed to change my avatar!!
    Dave Y
  • Sarah Young
    Sarah Young Senior Contributor
    This is one way to get people to log back on the forum!  :)  It's been a while. Avatar updated.
This discussion has been closed.