SIGN IN

EVERY TIME I GO ON THE SITE, WITH A PAGE DROPS DOWN WITH MY EMAIL AND  PASSWORD ON IT.THEN I CLICK ON SIGN IN, ITS SAYS NOT CORRECT. BUT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF PAGE, IT  SAYS I AM SIGNED IN. NEED HELP.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Doug, I'm sure someone who KNOWS what he's doing, will jump in here, in a minute.

But until then let me ask you:

Are you a member of both Hudson forums (H-E-T as well as this "Open Forum")?

If so, just for fun, try signing in with the OTHER forum's username and password.

Because both of these forums now appear on the same "HET website" page, it is possible that the page is asking you for your password, but that it MEANS your "other" password!
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

That comes from putting the 'Open Forum' in a window within the HET Club website. 

Unless you 'synchronize' the password between the HET Club forum and the 'Open Forum', you will need to manually type-in the password to the 'Open Forum' each time you log-in (as I do).

And, if your 'handle' and/or email address is different, you will need to re-enter that as well.

Yes, that's the way it is - a bit confusing, but that's what we've got...

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Rick:

For some reason, I don't have to manually sign in, to either of the forums.

Both are bookmarked separately.  If I attempt to go to either, from its bookmark, I am taken there are I am automatically signed in.

If I am at one of the forums and then click the link to the other forum, at the top of the screen ("Gallery...Forum'...O'Forum") I am transferred there immediately.  And automatically signed in.

Each of my bookmarked forums has a separate username and password.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Jon -

Bookmarks shouldn't mean anything in this instance.  All they do is point to a specific website (or a point within website).

As indicated, your 'handle' and 'password' are probably the same for both the 'Open Forum' and the HET Club website (?).

I am speaking about this, while using IE.  It may well be different with Firefox (don't know)...

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Well, possibly that's true (that Firefox is different form I.E.).  My handle and password are different for both forums, yet I do not have to sign in each time.  Just hit the bookmark or go to "forum" or "o'forum" at top of page to switch.
  • IvarSweden
    IvarSweden Senior Contributor
    Doug, click the red text "HET Login" at the bottom of the drop down page and it will go away!
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I was out of town for two weeks. When I returned and signed into O'FORUM today I got in. But when I click on HET FORUM I can't get in. I tried to sign in (same name and password as O"FORUM) I can not get in.

Did not have this problem before leaving.

Lee O'Dell
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited March 2015

Lee - Something is probably different, not EXACTLY  the same...

Email webmaster@hetclub.org with your issue.

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Hi Lee,

According to the stats on the new forum you last visited on the 12th March. I've set your account to require a password reset so when you next try to  login you'll be able to reset it.

Give it a go and if you have any problems drop me a PM and we'll get it sorted
  • Seems like something is different here, also.   I no longer have the "forum, O'forum" option on top of the page to click on to enter.  I have to go to a completely different page to get the HET Forum...k
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Paul

I tried to register and posting my password I have been using, I keep getting a message that the password is already in use. I didn't see anywhere to reset password.

Lee O'Dell
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Lee, to change password: 

1. Click on your "blue name" next to your photo.
    2. In the page that opens, click on the "edit profile" box (has an outline of a head and shoulders, and a "down" button -- at right side, straight above SHARE button.
    3. When small dialog box appears, click on EDIT PROFILE
    4. Now you can choose CHANGE MY PASSWORD, CHANGE MY PICTURE and a few other variable settings.
    5. Click SAVE
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Jon - Look at the date...  You are responding to a 3+ year old post...

This discussion has been closed.