Unable to delete or edit attached files

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
I could edit the message but not the attached files.
???

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    You can't edit an attached file.  About all you can do is delete them.  What I would recommend is to delete the attachment(s) in question, make the changes (whatever they are) on your local copy, and re-post the attachments.
  • Kdancy
    Rick, I tried that right off the bat. every time I try it I get an error message.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

What is the thread?

• Kdancy
    306344 camshaft just profiled.
    I need to remove the first and second attachment. Wrong camshaft number.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited November 2014

Found it - can't delete the attachments either (?).  Something that needs to be looked-into...

http://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/166655/306344-camshaft-just-profiled#latest

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Kerry, I just checked your post (the one with the attachments) and each one of the attachments has a blue "DELETE" button on it.  Do yo want me to delete all the attachments, or save the one that's a photo?

(Maybe Aaron has noticed this problem and fixed it, thus the appearance of the DELETE option all of a sudden!)
  • Kdancy
    Jon, delete the very first profile and the cam picture.
    When I get the results of the "742" cam back, I'd like to add them to the post so all info would be on one post but don't see a way to do that now.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Kerry, I'm sorry.  When I pushed the "DELETE" button I got an error messae!

I didn't realize this would happen, when I first noticed the presence of the DELETE buttons; just assumed they'd work!

I've reported this to The Higher-Ups.

Meanwhile, why not simply remove the entire thread and post new photos?  Or can you not do that, either?

• akcoop
    akcoop Administrator
    I will continue to try and troubleshoot next week.  I dont want to risk taking the site down or screwing with the FileUpload extension until I get back.  Just don't upload any pictures that you would want to take down quickly.  :  )   Jon, this means no nude sunbathing pictures of yourself on the forum.  If that happens folks may be begging me to take the site down!!  

Aaron
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Awww......not even ONE, Aaron?
This discussion has been closed.