How do I Delete a Post?

Occasionally I draft a post, then come to my senses and decide it either isn't appropriate or discover that I'd misunderstood something in the post to which I was responding. Simply closing/leaving that page doesn't make it go away, so I highlight/delete.....that doesn't make it go away. If I should re-visit that particular thread, it re-appears as if I had never gone away.

So, the question is, how do I permanently delete a post that I authored in err? There are several of them haunting me......I can't sleep, I can't eat, I'm beginning to hear voices/see ghosts. What to do?

F

Comments

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Change your user name !
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    First, let me ask: do you not see "Quote - Edit - Delete - Flag" next to your icon at the top of the post?  It's possible for me to see that, but I'm a moderator!

I believe it's "cricket" for me to delete a particular post, as moderator, unless there are so many helpful replies to it that I would be doing a disservice to those who replied.  I guess it would be on a case by case basis.  You could e-mail of PM any of us moderators to ask that your discussion or particular posting be removed.

I believe the FORUM--INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS category at right, will tell you how to PM someone.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    edited June 2014

I do not have Delete either.

Lee O'Dell
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Only Administrators and Moderators have the 'Delete' ability.  If you want/need a post or thread deleted, simply click 'flag', and and state the reason why it needs to be deleted.

You can also use the same 'flag' action to report offensive / SPAM posts...

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Testing

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Quote Edit Flag is all I have.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    I finely figured out how to use the Edit function. You can make changes or eliminate the entire message but it will not remove who posted the message. You can end up with a blank post.

Lee O'Dell
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Frank... remember to wear your tinfoil hat when you hear the voices!
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    Here's a creepy note.......one of the voices is yours.

So what I'm hearing here (besides the voices) is that there's a chance, however slim, that I'm not a complete techno dork, right? My analyst says this could be very helpful to my treatment.
    F
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Only Administrators and Moderators have the 'Delete' ability.  If you want/need a post or thread deleted, simply click 'flag', and and state the reason why it needs to be deleted.

You can also use the same 'flag' action to report offensive / SPAM posts...

Aha!! Probably not new to others but I just accidently figured out how to make those lingering, unposted pieces go away. Click the "Instructions and Tips" button, observe the far right-hand end of the blue bar at the top entitled "Drafts" and click. All of those items I had written, but decided not to post, were shown there. Hovering the cursor over the text made a little black box appear to the right with a white "X" in it. One by one, I deleted all of those evil things I had said.
    I'm feeling MUCH better now.............No voices since then and my shrink is out of a job......plus, I can now afford to work on some of these Hudson projects.
    What will I do with my foil beanie, John?
    F
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You could loan it to me.  My microwave has threatened to kill me.
    A microwave that speaks to you? I know a good shrink that's lookin' for a gig.
    F
This discussion has been closed.