car shipping

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
edited February 2013 in HUDSON
anyone know a good car transport company. need a car shipped from phoenix to grand rapids mi//// thanks paul

Comments

• TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    I RECENTLY USED AN OUTFIT CALLED MONTWAY AUTO TRANSPORT
    THEY WERE VERY GOOD AND HAD FANTASTIC PRICES

MONTWAY AUTO TRANSPORT
    PHONE: 224 220 0221
    E MAIL INFO@MONTWAY.COM
    WEB SITE: HTTP://WWW.MONTWAY.COM/
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    have used Jim and recommend him unless you require an enclosed trailer.
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Stephny said:
    I know this is too late. But Just thought, it might help someone. On www.autotransportcity.com An Auto transport marketplace, Local and reliable shippers can be found
    Please note this post appears to be someone possibly promoting themselves.  Use the site and/or vendor(s) there with caution until someone can give positive feedback from personal experiences.

I personally found and used someone with references found on the H.A.M.B. site in the fall of 2016.
  • trdrew
    trdrew Member
    However you end up doing the transport, please protect yourself by requesting proof of insurance from the carrier. I didn't, and ended up having to eat about $10K in repairs. It was an out-of-state company, and I was advised by my lawyer that I would have to bring suit in their state, with an attorney licensed in that state, and by the time every thing was said and done, I would probably be out way more that I was trying to recover.

T. Drew
  • If it’s a nice car use one of the big outfits like Intercity,Reliable,Passport, or any of the professionals. They don’t require any money up front, and if anything falls off the car it’s in the trailer when they deliver. If you ship on an open rig and they stop somewhere for lunch trinkets can be stolen from the car.
This discussion has been closed.