How Do I Find Out What A Car Is Worth?

Unknown
edited November -1 in American Motors
I hope this is the right place to post this, if not I'm sorry.

My grandmother has a 1969 AMC Rebel SST. She hasn't been able to drive herself for a while and I no longer live near here to use the car. She has thought about selling it but we don't know what a good price would be for it.

It is in pretty good running order. It has a couple of problems but I was driving it around just fine. It has the original motor with about 70,000 (yes only 70,000) my grandma almost never drove the car. Just to the doctor or the store.

It had a repaint on one corner by the front light after the paint had been damaged and that faded to a different color than the rest of the car. The interior is in fair shape, it could use a bit of fixing but nothing like riping out seats.

I'm not sure what all information would help. Here is a picture of it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ldydragonslair/detail?.dir=293b&.dnm=5416.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Megan

Comments

• DJK
    DJK Expert Adviser
    You forgot several important bits of info when peddling a car. Where is it for starters? Buyers have to consider delivered price. The VIN number codes tell one what major options were installed and if a straight car, should alway be included.

I've a low milage '67 due for its second front end rebuild. At 70K yours is probably worn out too. It should have its second rebuild with trunions this time. Many dollars and not everyone has the right tools.

There is no such thing as a "bit of fixing" in an interior. Either the driver's seat is good or its not. Only one back pocket screw driver can screw up a nice seat. It is not a not a little deal repair if you are making a nice restoration.

You didn't talk about AC. I've had the York compressors just blow apart here in the south. A blowing cold AC is a definate plus.

DJ Kava

Beaumont,TX
This discussion has been closed.