Driving versus Navigating

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Ever think about it? When you get behind the wheel of your daily brand X, you sort of point it in a direction, and navigate.

So I got the hudson out today, and DROVE it, for the first time this season. I wanted to swap the OD relay, and see if that was my problem. I backed it out, and took it down the road. Heck, even my sister decided to tag along for a ride around the block.

My OD seems to be sort of working, not correctly. When I get it into third about 30 mph, or so, and drop off the throttle, it seems to sort of drop the rpms a bit. when you ease back into the gas it sorta picks up, almost like it slips and retorques, strange way to describe it. The kickdown, when I hit it, cuts the engine, still, and made it backfire, once, which was pretty funny, scared my sister.

Anyway, the clutch still chatters, so I have decided I will pull the trans one more time, replace the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing with my set up one. (one that went in was one of those NOS ones floating around... guess everyone was right...)

I figure I'm getting good at this swap, so maybe it will go better this time. I will also pull the solenoid, and govenor, and bench test both.

Oh well, that was my day.
This discussion has been closed.