1956 Ford Ranch Wagon project $400

Unknown
edited November -1 in Swapmeets
This would make someone a good cool project. The floors are pretty rough in the car. The body is not too bad. It will need the two rear patches below the tail lights. Right front fender has a small hole in it. Bottoms of the doors will need patched. The car has thunderbird v8 emblems on the front fenders so I believe the engine is the Thunderbird Special 312?. I haven't tried starting it. It's 3 speed on the column. The car is pretty well complete... Windshield has a crack in it and some of the side glass. I do have some extra parts for it. The upholstry is going to need completely redone.

The drivers side front door isn't latching, I have internal parts and another door striker off a 55 Ford wagon aswell as some other extra parts that go with the car.

I keep the car tarped up (if it makes a difference)

The title is lost (one can be obtained through Broadway Title). I do have the keys for it. It's originally a NC car. Last tagged in 1970.

This was just a plain old station wagon - no radio, no back up lights etc...

$400 takes it.

Car is located in Fayetteville, WV zip 25837

No rush to move the car as long as it's paid for.

56wagon.jpg

56wagon2.jpg

56fordengine.jpg

Comments

• I had a '56 Ford Victoria hardtop with the 292 Thunderbird motor and it had the Thunderbird emblems on the fenders so I would imagine the 312 would have them as well but the emblems don't automatically make it a 312. The engine is coded in the vin as follows...

A=223 cid 6 cylinder, U=272 cid V8, M=292 cid V8, and P=312 cid V8

I'm not sure which position in the vin that engine size is coded but is in there so hopefully this will help you determine which engine it does have. If it is the 312, that would be great but the 292 would be just about as good.

Good luck in selling the car.
  • I'm not sure exactly what it is. I was told it was probably a 312, I thought it was a 292 myself so I put 312 with the question mark as i'm not sure.

Either way though, it should be worth $400. I got almost $1000 tied up in it as it sits, I just have too many projects right now. I'm trying to get my 54 Chevy on the road by spring so if I sell this, it'll help a little. Pictures don't do it justice, it's not that bad of a car.
  • Hey do you still have this car?
  • wowwee man!
This discussion has been closed.