A nice 28 Murphy

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    The auction is dated 2004. If that is indeed the only '28 Murphy towncar, it's now in the Eldon Hostetler collection in Indiana, and I saw it last month! The casual observer might immediately assume it was a Rolls Royce. Even the radiator (though definitely from a Hudson) has a Rolls-Royce look to it.
  • Wurger
    Wurger Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi John, wow this post is from waaaaaay back! I found another Hudson 1930/31 sedan, no drive train, interior, radiator or bumpers but a really nice body frame etc, I was thinking to myself..... "Self, that would made a bitchin' town car conversion!". I was speaking with Perry Spring in CA and he said that the great 8 engines aside from being a disappointment in comparison to the F-head that parts are VERY difficult to find ** Let alone a whole engine and tranny* . I am working on getting a another 29 F-head engine and thought that perhaps I could have a custom???? Might seem far fetched, might not.... I have a radiator/grill off of a ULTRA rare 1931 REO Royal Victoria ;););). though Id prob just look for an original, any way I'd love to save it but not for a restoration after speaking with Mr Perry.   
This discussion has been closed.