Removing doors on 2 door pacemaker

Can anyone tell me how disassemble the doors? I see the easy screws to unscrew on the two hinges but what about the slide hinge in the center?

Comments

• 54coupe
    54coupe Member
    The slide piece in the center is jut to limit how far the door can open.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Those screws aren't always easy to unscrew. The threads can rust on the back side,
    Use a spray rust buster to soak them down.
    A hand impact screw driver is a good idea.
    support the door in a balanced place with a floor jack.
    A car from Ohio usually requires drilling out a few of the rusted screws
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    You  have to grind the top off the rivet that holds the limit bar.   I have found the best method of removing the hinge screws is to get a large Philips head bit with a half-inch drive that fits in your socket set bar.   This enables you to hold the pressure on whilst unscrewing with the bar.  Better than  an impact wrench which tends to chew out the  internal faces  of the screws.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    As lostmind points out, the screws that mount the hinges are difficult to remove.  They pass through the hinge and are captured by a threaded metal plate behind the body sheet metal.  Time and corrosion require a very focused approach to removal. The tool shown at this AMAZON location will greatly help in screw removal.  I bought one and it was the best means I found when coupled with rust buster spray to remove Hudson hinge screws successfully.  

https://www.amazon.com/Shake-Break-Impact-Screw-Remover/dp/B000BHJ7JM