Installing Radial tires on a 47 Super six

Allan25
Allan25 Member
edited April 2023 in Parts & Pieces
I am nearing the 2 1/2 yr. completion of my 47 4dr. Super Six. I would like to install Radial Tires. I would like to use a slightly wider tire. Can anyone recommend a replacement steel rim that they have used. I would like to use trim rings and hub caps and 16-inch tires. To be able to use the original hub caps would be a bonus.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• Recently installed radials on .y 52 Hornet can't believe the difference they have made. The brand I used was Kontia. Don't know if available in the states.

• Toddh
    Toddh Member
    700-15’s were optional on 46/47’s.  I just got a set of Auburn 710R15 blackwall radials from Diamond Back.  
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    also I just checked my other 46 and it has 700R16 radials.  
  • I had 15" radials on both my '46 and '47 Supers.  That size was an option that year.  Trim rings were different, hub caps the same.
  • HUDSONBROTHER1
    HUDSONBROTHER1 Expert Adviser
    THIS MY 47 COUPE WITH 14" X 6" RIMS WITH 195/60/14 TIRES ON THE FRONT AND 14"X7" RIMS WITH 235/60/14 TIRES ON THE REAR. I'M GOING TO SWITCH OVER TO THE SAME SIZE TIRES AND RIM WIDTHS BUT 15" DIAMETER THIS SUMMER WHEN I INSTALL THE FRONT DISC BRAKES. I'VE BEEN RUNNING THE 14" WHEELS SINCE 1987. i HAVE THE SAME SIZE TIRES ON MY 1946 BROUGHAM AS WELL AS THE 15" VERSION ON MY 53 HORNET. SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS.