motor swap

Would a '28 essex motor and transmission fit a '27 essex?

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Yes, it will bolt straight in, no mods required. 
  • i sold my 27 (motor stuck) i have a was running motor and trans when the 28 was upgraded to a toyota motor, question what would be a fair price for my essex motor and trans?
    or should i just keep it?
    the drivetrain is just sitting there in a shed

• I have a dash, and vacuum tank for gas, motor and trans, honeycomb rad …. What’s it all worth? 

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I don't get involved in matters of value, sorry.  But basically, it's worth what anyone who wants it is willing to pay.  
  • you are correct.... i'm sure a corvette owner would pay $5 for it

• tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    I would not call dropping a Toyota motor in an almost 100 year old car an “upgrade”… but to each his own. 
    Regards, Tom
  • thats the way it was when i bought it 3 years ago,

• When I bought my car, my 48 Super 6 coupe. How did the pros and cons and dumping a big block Chrysler or a stock engine back in it. I chose the stock engine over big block Chrysler strictly for financial reasons.

I can understand why a lot of guys want to put a different engine in their car because of the price and availability of parts for Hudson engine. Whether you put a Chevy engine in or a Ford engine in or a Toyota engine. Each to their own and what they choose to do. I just like to see classic cars on the road no matter what is under the hood

• this is my '28 
  • That looks great. It has style and class all together