First Super Power Dome II castings

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
Finally, have the first two article inspection castings today. After heat treating and machining one will be going to an HETer in Canada for immediate installation and road testing the other will be going to Kerry Dancy for chamber volume checks and other dimensional measurements.

Comments

• terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    It'll be interesting to see whether there is any power difference between this and the standard head including use of better fuels. Are you planning on dyno testing?
  • 50C8DAN
    Let's put it this way - I am not making any money on this project and Dyno testing is thousands of $$ for dyno time.  The simple answer is I would love to, but unless someone wants to foot the bill for it, the answer is no.  Note that just the higher compression ratio to 8.4:1 will result in more power.  
  • That looks like narrow block water passage positioning.... Might be just the angle of the photo.
  • 50C8DAN
    Nope wide block. No narrow block option for these.
  • Dan we appreciate everything you’re doing and I hope soon to add myself to the list. I know my butt dyno will notice the difference and it looks way cool. 
  • If someone has a running car, time yourself or download an app to track things before the new parts. Install the new stuff, one at a time and see what differences are made and post them here.
  • 50C8DAN
    Thanks this has been a lot more work and frustration than anticipated.  I hope that this will be a good thing for the Hudson community.  We are still on track for making the 2x2 intake as soon as we get the head wrapped up.  The manifold will also be a cool-looking piece as well!

• Thanks for all the updates on the new head, Dan. I'm trying to get my block work done now. One day my 48 will be on the road again since 57.
  • 50C8DAN
    here is the first head in machining yesterday!
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Absolutely beautiful!!!!!