Dec. 7 1941

VicTor Z
VicTor Z Senior Contributor
Dec. 7 1941

Comments

• A date  that will live in infamy
  • eddiehudson
    eddiehudson Senior Contributor, Member
    There was a guy who was sailor in Pearl Harbor that day. He had a 37 Terraplane convertible and after the war sent it home to Long Island NY. I remember him telling me it didn't have a heater. He ended up selling it to Jim Boyle of Long island. I don't know what happened to the car or Jim.
  • All of my Greatest Gen family is now gone. While I miss each of them dearly, part of me is glad they aren't here to see what things look like 81 years later.
  • oldcarnut
    oldcarnut Expert Adviser
    superwasp said:
    All of my Greatest Gen family is now gone. While I miss each of them dearly, part of me is glad they aren't here to see what things look like 81 years later.
    AMEN!!!
  • oldcarnut said:
    superwasp said:
    All of my Greatest Gen family is now gone. While I miss each of them dearly, part of me is glad they aren't here to see what things look like 81 years later.
    AMEN!!!
    Second that! 
  • tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    Probably the same sentiment expressed by the parents of what was to become known as “the greatest generation “. Their parents were not to thrilled with them in the mid ‘30’s.

regards, Tom
  • I always enjoy your Posts Victor......., We don't owe the United States Vets Something...... We owe them Everything for their Service!
  • Funny story about that date....I was in the Army in 1961,  Sent overseas on a troop ship.  We sailed from Cali to Pearl, arriving on a beautiful sunny morning.  All of the ships in harbor were tooting their horns, fire boats were shooting water into the air....everyone on our ship was confused...strange greeting for a stinky old troop ship.  Then someone found out what day it was...Dec. 7, 1961...20th anniversary!