'29 Essex Door Latch Assembly (Wanted to buy, or help repairing

My '29 Essex door latch broke a spring, which I was able to replace with an almost identical spring online, after grinding the assembly box welding down to get to. BUT, there's another part that came out when I opened it, and I can't figure out where it goes. I'm reluctant to re-assemble the box and tap weld it together, not knowing if it's going to work correctly without this small "spring-looking" part in the right place.
Does anyone recognize this part and can tell me where it goes in the assembly?
OR
Does someone have a door latch assembly for sale? 

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    That is the leaf spring that holds the lock arm in place.  fits over the projection on the bottom right in  your picture.
  • Thanks for your help with this. I've tried several configurations with that leaf spring, but still can't seem to understand how it goes in. I'm not exactly sure what projection you were referring to. I took a new photo so you can see which openings that the cover fits into, which may have looked like a projection before.
    Otherwise I'm not sure what piece it goes over.
    I've placed the leaf spring below horizontally, in hopes to create an easier directional instruction as to where it goes.